back to article Snowden's pal Greenwald QUITS Guardian to launch hush-hush news rival

Glenn Greenwald, the journalist who made Edward Snowden a household name, has announced that he is leaving his job at the Guardian to launch what he describes as a "momentous new venture." In a statement issued via his own website, Greenwald said that his relationship with the Graun has been a good one and that he is " …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Ross K Silver badge
    Black Helicopters

Wonder if...

...Assange will be his London correspondent?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Wonder if...

Sounds like a NO.

2. xperroni

Even a broken clock...

I hate to admit, but seems that Wikileaks (Assange) was right: the Snowden cash-in is gearing up.

1. Gordon 10

Re: Even a broken clock...

Even if he is right and the new gig is Snowden related - its still a case of the pot (Assange) calling the kettle (Greenwald) a c*nt.

I suspect he's just worried about the competition.

1. xperroni

Re: Even a broken clock...

Even if he is right and the new gig is Snowden related - its still a case of the pot (Assange) calling the kettle (Greenwald) a c*nt.

Though still, it's a complicated world where even the words of a six-fingered hyperactive attention whore are sometimes worth taking heed.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Perhaps the NSA have made him an Offer...

... that he can't refuse.

1. Gordon 10

Re: Perhaps the NSA have made him an Offer...

yea - either directly or via a shell company. Wonder if he will be rendered when he goes to one of those US hubs?

1. Anonymous Coward
        Black Helicopters

Re: Perhaps the NSA have made him an Offer...

Its "reconditioned", not "rendered". However, with the way the nsa story has been going, I wouldn't be overly surprised if Greenwald disappears and Keith Alexander and James Clapper are found enjoying a lunch of soylent Greenwald stew soon afterwards.

1. Euripides Pants
          Headmaster

Re: soylent Greenwald stew

Rendering plants convert dead animals into useful things, so reconditioned would not be the proper term in the scenario you present.

4. smudge
    Black Helicopters

reported ... sooner than he was ready to announce it

Can't believe you passed on the chance to point out the irony.

The Guardian quotes him as saying: "Because this news leaked before we were prepared to announce it...". (my highlighting)

1. Frankee Llonnygog

Re: reported ... sooner than he was ready to announce it

The NSA sent out a press release

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"momentous" rhymes with "Assange"

aka "The Illusions Of Grandeur".

And to think that the guy appeared quite normal...

6. Piers

My role, aside from reporting and writing for it...

...is to make a shedload?

7. JaitcH
    Thumb Up

Greenwald left Salon for The Guardian on good terms ...

so no reason it won't happen again.

Greenwald sure boosted The Guardians circulation, even if it cost them some old computer junk.

The main thing is the veil of secrecy has been torn aside, regardless of personalities, and some snot-nosed government workers activities have been exposed.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Wikiwald?

Edpedia?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like