back to article Too busy tweeting to turn over TV channels? AT LAST a solution

Are you a "second screen" telly aficionado? Do you lie on the sofa mainly occupied in watching out for hilarious apophthegms on Twitter, subliminally irritated by the drivel on the big screen and wishing there was something decent on - but too distracted even to channel surf, let alone use the EPG or similar? Help of a sort is …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Sloppy Crapmonster

From my neck of the woods

"You will soon have a new, exciting choice of cable providers in your neighborhood"

About time!

"It's Comcast"

Oh, fuck me.

1. GBE

Re: From my neck of the woods

> "It's Comcast"

>

> Oh, fuck me.

Don't worry.

If you're one of their customers, you don't have to ask.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"Presumably it will soon be possible to simply let mouthy strangers control your telly remotely"

You mean like Comcast, with their painfully partitioned package options and their castrating DVR firmware updates?

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Whale oil beef hooked

Consider my gob well and truly smacked ..

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Really?

I have to say, we watch less and less live TV at home. Someone changing the channel in a family room because they see something (not even remotely) funny on twitter? Wow, another irritation, on top of all the mindless adds live tv watching people have to endure.

Netflix, On Demand, Sky+. Thankfully these are all available now and IMHO are the future of TV.

Of course, you'll always have a lot of people who like sheep have to watch what "everyone else" - meaning "all the other sheep" - are watching. Otherwise, what would there be to talk about??

5. Christian Berger

Would be nice if done propperly

Just extend the URL-scheme to something which includes TV-programmes (as it was actually meant to be) and it should be OK.

6. Simescole

First world problem!

Excellently written article

7. Vladimir Plouzhnikov

Epiphany

I now realised that Twitter is the NUL: device of the internet. An electrical ground that (mostly) harmlessly absorbs the waste charge of human masses who have nothing to say but have a strong urge to say it...

1. phil 27
      Go

Re: Epiphany

/dev/null please :)

Twitter is useful, long may it continue, my house tweets me when it starts raining. If you think thats useless, wait till you are in good books for saving the mrs washing from getting wet due to your technology, or dont have to endure a evening of your house smelling of wet dog...

I could add some config to let incoming tweets change the tv channel, but then my entire stack is opensource so flexible...

If the brainded masses stopped supporting twitter, I'd have to start checking emails, or getting im's from the house instead!

8. Fihart

Just because the technology.....

............facilitates it, doesn't mean you have to do it.

Frankly that could be said of most apps.

9. Mnot Paranoid

So this is like Zeebox with a Sky+ box then?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like