back to article Failover a dependency rich infrastructure and you bork the lot, right? Not any more

Business continuity bods Neverfail have looked through a keyhole and found themselves a whole new universe. Its Heartbeat business continuity product needs a bit of infrastructure understanding to set up, but there's no tool available to give you that understanding. Until now, thanks to Neverfail's IT Continuity Architect. IT …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Seen it, done it.

We've already set up a product like this for a couple of large enterprises. Not rocket science. Probing's the best way to make sure your dynamic enterprise is defined in an up-to-date way.

Good luck n all, but like most things it aint new.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Yep, not new

And also not necessarily useful. If cluster and geographic geographic failover have been designed in, I'm guessing this tool would be of limited use. Good for when resilience is being bodged onto older systems though (and there are a lot of those), so yes, all the best to them.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Seen it, done it.

It's Click, Try, Buy - so maybe you'd like to compare it with your own findings?

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Yeah definitely worth a look. Discovery/probing is not enough on it's on, you need to make sense of that information and put it to good use.

3. David-Neverfail

Thoughts from Neverfail

There are numerous discovery and monitoring solutions out there, and there are certainly some that have dependency mapping or features that we know are similar to Architect. It's been tried before, so I can see the perspective that it may not seem new. At the same time, we think the industry has shifted, particularly as virtualization has introduced substantial changes to the datacenter. Our early adopter customers have told us that Architect solves the discovery and dependency mapping problem much more easily than other solutions they have tried, and provides visibility in to changes as they occur.

Of course we’re drinking our own Kool-Aid; it’s what we vendors tend to do! We are very interested in getting feedback from the community on what works, what’s unique and what isn’t. So if you decide to try Architect for yourself, we’d love to hear your thoughts.

-David, VP Marketing at Neverfail

4. Josh M

A different take on infrastructure management

While it is true that there are a number of inventory management applications out there, Neverfail IT Continuity Architect is adding a new dimension to better address IT business continuity needs. It's not all about discovering what inventory you have out there, but rather it's about mapping specific inventory components to general business services to make sure that your BCDR plans will meet business expectations.

Someone above mentioned site-wide failover, which is a great DR tool to have in pocket and is relatively easy to apply to broad virtualized environments. But does that tool meet tier-1 business SLA's for RTO & RPO? Does that tool address all inventory or only the virtual machines? Do you have the ability to report to management that your plans are in compliance with stated business requirements? There are many recovery tools out there, each with their own strengths and weaknesses.

When it comes to aligning IT capabilities with actual recovery needs, it is as easy to overspend for unimportant servers as it is to under-protect critical business dependencies. IT Continuity Architect helps to automate the discovery, definition, and ongoing monitoring of recovery capabilities in your environment. Downtime has it's costs to the business, and ITCA helps you meet business expectations.

1. Josh M

Re: A different take on infrastructure management

Just a note about my affiliation as I realized I did not appear to be from Neverfail in my above comment.

Cheers,

-Josh M, Product Marketing Manager @ Neverfail.

This topic is closed for new posts.