back to article Block, censor, ban: India the biggest loser in online freedom stakes

India has recorded the biggest year-on-year decline in online freedom of any country, with the US firmly planted in the chasing pack, according to not-for-profit Freedom House’s latest annual Freedom on the Net report. As the name suggests, the report examines trends in internet freedom in 60 countries across the globe, with …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. ecofeco Silver badge
    Alert

...and I have just 3 choices of ISP in my city

Does this mean I'm even less free?

(I used to have dozens)

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

And if the Daily Wail would have it's way...

....we'd be number one!

Bloody foreigners, always trying to do better than us, we'll show them, quick form an orderly queue and lets have a mass grumble. Oh hold on it's Bin day, need to write a slightly coherent letter about how it bi-weekly next week.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: And if the Daily Wail would have it's way...

I posted the last comment and it made little sense at the end, even to me. Quick, Jeeves, bring me my Earl Grey.

3. MrXavia

10th? I thought we would be a step above China!

Good news though that this report can be used to send to our MP's and point out that while they still consider us 'free' we're slipping down the slope..

IMHO if we are not joint 1st we are clearly doing something wrong!

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

This is a definition of 'free' that I haven't previously encountered. Free-ish; and that's my final offer.

5. Alistair

I'd love to know

Why did they not rank Canada?

1. John Gamble

Re: I'd love to know

It's in the "no data" category , but that just raises the question of why there is no data. I certainly didn't notice any thought police hanging around on my last few trips up North.

1. Trevor_Pott Gold badge

Your lack of noticing us has been noted.

1. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

You can't note a lack of noticing because there wasn't one. In the comments, anyway.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Hang on - in India it's illegal to 'like' a post that's annoying? They're going to have to throw the whole country in jail if they follow through on that one...

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like