back to article DeputyDog attack targets latest IE zero day

Security researchers have spotted two new targeted attack campaigns aimed at organisations in Japan, China and elsewhere in Asia, one of which exploits a zero day exploit in Internet Explorer revealed only last week. Operation DeputyDog is targeted at “entities in Japan”, using the IE vulnerability CVE-2013-3893 which …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. silent_count

Erm

"one of which exploits a zero day exploit in Internet Explorer revealed only last week."

Did I miss something? "Zero day" and "revealed last week" are mutually exclusive, no?

1. TheVogon

Re: Erm

"A zero-day (or zero-hour or day zero) attack or threat is an attack that exploits a previously unknown vulnerability in a computer application, meaning that the attack occurs on "day zero" of awareness of the vulnerability. This means that the developers have had zero days to address and patch the vulnerability"

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Surprise!

Why is it that when we see the word "exploit" or the phrase "security problems/issues", the article is always about Microsoft.

People need to give themselves a shake and stop using MS products!

1. Captain Scarlet
      Paris Hilton

Re: Surprise!

and disconnect themselves from the internets, mobiles and anything that can be used to input data.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Err... It isn't. There, that was easy.

3. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

You may want to read the latest Secunia report regarding 'Vulnerabilities in the 50 most used programs for 2012':

http://secunia.com/vulnerability-review/vulnerability_update_top50.html

4. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

What would you recommend? Chrome?

http://secunia.com/advisories/55087

Lots of highly critical unpatched vulnerabilities....

3. i like crisps
    Thumb Up

'EvilGrab'....

...Not bad...i think i'll have that as my next GamerTag

This topic is closed for new posts.