back to article Our second attempt to give LOHAN a good banging: Live tomorrow

The Register's mighty Low Orbit Helium Assisted Navigator (LOHAN) team is gearing up for a second test flight of our Vulture 2 spaceplane's vital rocket motor igniter assembly, following Monday's dramatic first attempt which unfortunately ended on a Spanish mountainside without the essential test firing carried out. Click …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anomalous Cowturd
    Pint

Better luck this time chaps and chapess.

Hope the weather is as good as the other day.

Great video from the chase car, by the way.

Drinky poos?

2. Alister

Good luck!

Oh, and shouldn't it be Low Orbit Hydrogen Assisted Navigator now, I can't remember.

1. Martin Budden Silver badge
      Go

It doesn't go into Low Orbit, it doesn't use Helium, and if any of the many components fail it won't Navigate, so I think that "Low Orbit Helium Assisted Navigator" is the perfect name!

3. SteveD

If you need help tracking you could try contacting Avila Radio Club, I have the email address. Plus those of a few local Amateurs. Obviously not going to post them here. If you want them contact me direct

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

@SteveD

Don't you think it's up to you to contact the club and others to let them know about this endeavour(*) so that they can decide if they want to oiffer assistance instead of them receiving unsolicited mail out of the blue. Presumably if you have the e-mail addresses then you are at least known to them

it's good to want to be of help but spam is spam no matter.

(*)They may already be aware of it and are helping or have decided they can be of no real assistance.

4. Peter Simpson 1

Here's wishing you a successful launch, safe flight and easy, goat- and tree-free recovery!

1. Roger Greenwood
      Pint

And not forgetting the Special Projects Bureau Special Projects Burro (SPBSPB)

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/03/02/special_projects_burro/

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/05/24/rip_aladdin/

At the going down of the sun, and in the raising of a glass, we will remember him.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Truly great headline and byline, well done that man.

6. Mr_Pitiful

Why so late in the day?

Wouldn't it be better to launch between 9 or 10 am?

Then you'd have a chance to track and recover in daylight!

1. Roger Greenwood

Re: Why so late in the day?

9am?

Spain?

are you nuts?

7. Mark 85

Just curious...

... as to who the interested observer strapped on the side of the box is. Obviously not an intrepid Playmonaut since he's not a spacesuit. Obviously far braver since he's sitting outside with his feet hanging in the breeze. I probably missed this bit of info....

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Just curious...

That's a diver, in case of another water landing.

8. Martin Budden Silver badge
    Headmaster

Third attempt, Shirley?

There was the first attempt back in July, the second attempt a couple of days ago, so the next will be number three.

9. Richard Altmann

godspeed

10. Buiatra

Buena suerte, estaremos atentos

Good luck

11. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Live feed Cameras

Remember to point them where the action is this time please.

Am looking forward to the car chase and goat carnage

This topic is closed for new posts.