back to article LOHAN Spanish team touches down... to prepare for lift-off

Our Low Orbit Helium Assisted Navigator (LOHAN) team members touched down in Madrid last Thursday night, and after a few beers and some refreshing kip, were ready to pose for the camera before getting down to spaceplane business. The LOHAN team poses with the Vulture 2 Above (from left to right) we have Rob Eastwood, Claire …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Blergh

Autopilot plus Rocket

I just read the bit about the autopilot and I wondered if the autopilot might try to navigate a tight turn from the start while accelerating under rocket power? I know the plane was specifically designed for this project so I'm hoping that either the plane will still be stable under those circumstances or is the autopilot clever enough to know how to deal with the rapid acceleration.

2. Neil Barnes Silver badge
    Pint

Best of luck with this one lads!

Really really peeved that I can't be there with you, but sometimes real life gets in the way...

A pint in your honour!

3. paulc

Still no clues on flight "testing" of the model

I want this thing to fly right and not spiral out of control into the ground... has the design actually been "tested" in a simulation?

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Is Rob on the extreme left or extreme right, or both

1. VinceH

Optional

I think he's the invisible twin of the Rob we can see.

2. Alister

I think he did the old "running along the back from one end to the other" trick whilst the photo was taken...

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like