back to article Speaking in Tech: 'I'm not a pimp just because I wear a fedora'

speaking_in_tech Greg Knieriemen podcast enterprise It's another episode of El Reg's weekly Wednesday tech news cast, giving you the run-down on everything worth knowing about in the enterprise and consumer tech world this week. This week, co-hosts Greg Knieriemen and Sarah Vela are slacking off while Ed Saipetch flies solo …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

If people need to ask...

...then maybe you do look like a pimp.

2. The Indomitable Gall

The thumbnail pic...

Your thumbnail pic looks more like a trilby than a fedora... the brim's quite narrow...

3. Aaron Miller

Not a pimp, perhaps

but a bit sad? Certainly. It's not 1957 any more, lads, and you're not Indiana Jones.

4. Vociferous

For most men, looking like a pimp while wearing a fedora is out of reach.

Very few men can wear a fedora. Basically, if you're slim and very handsome you can pull it off, but for most of us... Well, let's just say that the difference between how we'd like to look (or maybe even delude ourselves into thinking we look)...

http://content.artofmanliness.com/uploads/2008/03/fedora.jpg

....and how we actually look...

http://th01.deviantart.net/fs29/PRE/f/2008/086/2/c/Me_wearing_a_fedora_by_GodlyMcNinjaKitty.jpg

...is vast.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

That picture

... isn't a fedora. It's a trilby.

1. Vociferous

Re: That picture

I am proud of you, my son.

6. Cyberelic

Fat idiot

Why that fat idiot looking stupid in a hat?

The Bogey pic is OK, youd even get away with it today, (Nice raincoat btw) but the other one is just stupid.

I take it that The Register does not 'do' taste or style???

P.

7. lotus49

Trilby not Fedora

I came here to show off my knowledge of hats, but I've been beaten to it no less than three times.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like