back to article Amazon cloud erupts in Intel BRANDGASM

Amazon has fessed up about the types of Intel chips it has in its cloud, pulling back the curtain on its hitherto dark infrastructure underlay.  The deal was announced on Tuesday at the Intel Developer Forum in San Francisco, and sees Amazon give more detail than ever before on the processors that sit inside its cloud, with an …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Nate Amsden

old news

you could get this info on linux just by doing cat /proc/cpuinfo and see the cpu type..

and use whatever equivalent tools are available on windows. I remember roughly 3 years ago one of the EC2 VMs I had provisioned landed on a dual core opteron (Circa 2006 if I remember right). Was sort of surprised such old stuff was still in use at the time.

2. Nate Amsden

also

also remember reading several years ago(~4) that there was so many issues with EC2 at the time people would spawn a VM, check the CPU type, if it didn't match what they wanted then they'd kill it and try again, until they landed on a processor that they wanted. It was not uncommon back then for the more serious users.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like