back to article Asus avoids Atom to get next Eee PC out early?

Asus may be working to bring forward the launch of its next Eee PC in a bid to beat rival sub-notebook makers to market, it has been claimed. If so, the Eee PC 900 could appear this month. When the Eee PC 900 was announced in early March, it was said to be scheduled to ship in April. Later, Asus appeared to revise that …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Chris
    Thumb Up

flights

So long as it can handle civ4, play my music, not require a huge carry case and cost <£400, then you have a sale!

Need something to drown out the sound of mobiles on a 24 hour australian flight...

2. Senor Beavis
    Go

coming first

Childish but funny. Carry on.

3. Richard Kilpatrick

Dual core?

Somewhat of a leap, surely? From Celeron-M to ULV Core 2 Duo is quite a jump; not as much of a jump as going back to Atom would be for later models.

If Asus launch a Core 2 Duo 9" Eee for £305 or thereabouts (current 9" model pre-order speculative pricing. I've been suggesting to Eeenterested friends that I expect it to be >£400 for the 9", especially given eBay scalpers and inevitable demand - but I've also said that I think at such a price point it would be a poor competitor - cash wise - for low-end Dell and so forth conventional laptops. That's out of the window if they put a decent CPU in it) then I'm going to give my existing one to a passing hobo and buy the new one faster than than you can say "environmentally irresponsible purchasing decision".

4. Alan Donaly
    Coat

It's a tight little niche

but it's incredibly active.

Mines the one with stretched out pockets from the Eee PC.

5. heystoopid
    Happy

What ?

Oh no pursebook computers at ten paces , the war is hotting up faster then an LG or Liteon factory fire ?

Well at least the nice scenery is back .

6. Mickey Porkpies
    Thumb Down

When you say ship?

As it is pretty impossible to get the Asus eepc without having to wait 6 months it is likely if you want one of these by the time you get it Acer will be on the market. Asus have been unable to keep up with the limited demand of the 700/701, they should stick to cheap motherboards.

7. Dave Driver
    Coat

It's been worrying me...

Who is going to look after the girl's Eee when she gets a bit too hot on the beach and goes for a swim?

Oh all right then I'll do it.

Mine's the one with the sun tan lotion in the pocket.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

re. It's a tight little niche

keeps the sand out.

9. richard

hard drive

does this mean i could slip my big hard drive into this model without any problems?

could i take it on a long ride without any disappointments?

what sort of box does this model have?

sorry..

10. Trygve Henriksen
    Unhappy

They better hurry...

HP is launching their 8.9" model in a month...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080408/ap_on_hi_te/hewlett_packard_small_laptops

They should also think about actually shipping the models they are supposed to be selling...

There are resellers that have waited since Xmas for new stock of the 4 and 8GB models of the 701.

(They've cancelled the blue/pink 4GB models now... with no prior warning, or so the reseller I ordered mine at says.)

11. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

Accessories

Does the girl come as an accessory?

12. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

@ Richard Kilpatrick

Where do you pass for me to do my Hobo impression?

This ambulance motorcyclist (M7S) wants to see how long the unit can stand up to being carted around at high speed.

13. breakfast Silver badge
    Thumb Up

Advertising that works

The marketing guys at Asus who suggested that picture for their campaign must be up for an enormous bonus.

14. Adam Foxton

@AC the Ambulance motorcyclist

It should stand up to it pretty well, it's just about all solid state ('cept the processor fan). Mine stands up pretty well to being thrown into a rucksack and dragged around the country, or kept running in a rather well insulated, sealed pouch (while overclocked and playing Q3A...)

Though being dropped from a speeding motorcycle onto tarmac may just scuff it a bit!

15. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

@AC the Ambulance motorcyclist

Here Ya go,mate:

http://www.dailymotion.com/search/eee/video/x4dhhl_tests-resistance-chocs-chaleur-froi_tech

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like