back to article Ultralight party balloons in WEEK-LONG marathon flight

A couple of ultralight balloon payloads have for the past week traced suggestive paths over Europe, and continue to transmit from the skies over Belarus and Bulgaria (click pic for a bigger version): The rather phallic tracks of the balloons seen on spacenear.us Leo Bodnar's B-11 and B-12 missions were launched from Blighty …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

Was it a box of balloons,

With the feather-light touch?

1. Phil E Succour
      Joke

Re: Was it a box of balloons,

You'll be getting ribbed all week for a terrible joke like that. At least bad jokes are no barrier to commenting on El Reg.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: Was it a box of balloons,

Do all your mates have to suffer similar condomnation? Need we all enDure xtreme reactions?

When it comes to commenting you're clearly a pro, Phil, actic in your own best interests.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Why no mention

of Bulgarian airbags?

3. ISYS

Is it me

Or do the flight paths look a bit like a cock and balls?

1. Victor Ludorum
      Facepalm

Re: Is it me

Did you read the subheading?

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

We seem to be getting more and more people in here who have the ability to look at pictures and ignore the text in which, if you had taken the time to read it, you would have seen a couple of clues as to the answer to your question.

1.) A couple of ultralight balloon payloads have for the past week traced SUGGESTIVE PATHS over Europe

2.) continue to monitor their progress as they trace VIRTUAL TODGERS across the heavens.

HTH

1. ISYS

Guilty as charged!

I was skim reading during a break from some tedious documentation work I am doing. The pretty pictures caught my eye and not the text.

1. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

Well I for one will whole heartedly forgive a lapse from anyone who has to do documentation, the tedious was superfluous. The only thing along wih ironing that I think should be banned by international treaty.

1. ScottAS2

Get a tech writer: our tame ones seem to actually like doing it: http://www.techaddiction.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/techwriting_presentation.pdf

2. Red Bren

Have an upvote for

a) confessing your guilt

b) Leaving the incriminating post in place

c) Being given cruel and unusual punishment before you had even committed the crime

1. Anonymous Coward
            Anonymous Coward

>...c) Being given cruel and unusual punishment before you had even committed the crime

Which in reality is actually how the Catholic church operates...

...which still doesn't explain gluten free communion...

1. Anonymous Coward
              Anonymous Coward

Thumbs down?!

Whatever for? Is that you papa, defending the poor ikky wikky catlicks? (You make them poor el Papa, and you keep them meek &c...)

Go to Hell... I'm sure you have the directions!

Woohoo!

4. IHateWearingATie

Party balloons?

I've never had a foil party balloon that stays good for a whole week.

Has he done anything to seal them more effectively?

1. Kevin Johnston

Re: Party balloons?

Wonder if spray varnish would help or if the minute extra weight would exceed any gas saved.

2. M Gale

I've noticed foil balloons can stay up for a good while, myself.

I'm wondering how the probes managing to get up there without the not-too-stretchy balloons bursting though. Left the neck open so that excess pressure can leak out, perhaps?

1. Alan Brown Silver badge

Just underinflate the things. You only need just enough lift to counterbalance the weight at expected altitude and this will result in a full expansion at the desired height (or explosion if you miscalculate)

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Oh dear

That's one in the eye for poor old Stockholm.

6. Chris Tierney

Silver Foils & portable digital scales?

The only thing missing is a wad of cash & a way to discretely distribute the drugs around europe. Oh wait!

7. Fink-Nottle

Flawed Design

No provision was made for the Playmobil guy.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like