back to article Google testing 'Helpouts' video support service

Google has started testing “Helpouts”, a new service that it says is “a new way to connect people who need help with people who can give help, over live video, anytime, anywhere.” The Chocolate Factory's public Helpouts sub-site doesn't offer a lot of data, but the support section does, suggesting it will be possible to make …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Pete 2 Silver badge

Flocking to join

> Google thinks Helpouts could be handy for “teachers, counselors, doctors, home repair experts, personal trainers, hobby enthusiasts and more.”

So if the "more" does refer to all the sex workers who will be the first to populate an online service where money changes hands, that might be just what Google+ needs to kick it into high gear.

I bet Youtube wish they'd thought of that!

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I can't really see myself using this…

Yet I have to admit it makes sense. I'm especially thinking of quick medical help. It can happen really easily that I would feel slightly sick, but not enough that I would bother going to see a doctor. If I could get a ten-minutes chat for a reasonable amount, it would actually be useful.

But… How to distinguish the good from the quacks?

3. Test Man

To me it sounds like Yahoo! Answers but with live video.

1. jubtastic1

I think it will be worse than that

At least Yahoo Answers are permanent and could potentially be improved with community voting (although that's unlikely to happen due to the community being almost equal parts trolls and kids).

4. frank ly

I know how to make the perfect bacon sandwich ....

... if anyone is interested.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Cunning plan

We could all join as "How to encrypt NSA leaks experts".

6. Anonymous C0ward

Tech support

Does it have a remote desktop feature?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like