back to article Russian Zuckerberg to Snowden: 'Come work for книга лиц  VKontakte'

It isn't clear how NSA leaker Edward Snowden plans to support himself, now that he's been granted 12 months of asylum in Russia. But if he wants a job, the door is open for him at VK, Russia's version of Facebook. Writing that he was proud of Russia for having accepted Snowden's asylum application, Pavel Durov, one of the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. rcorrect
    Coat

What more could a guy want?

A programming job and Russian lady? Hell yeah!

1. Anonymous Coward
      Pint

Re: What more could a guy want?

Maybe there's a Russian brewery that needs an systems analyst?

1. Thesheep
        Mushroom

Russian Standard is both a vodka and a bank. I'm sure they could use a programmer/systems administrator...

2. rh587
      Alert

Wants to be careful or he might end up like this guy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tl0LZsyi_tA

2. Irony Deficient

Would he be able to accept such a position, if it were offered and he were willing?

I wonder if Russian law allows recipients of temporary asylum to be employed within Russia?

1. jonathanb Silver badge

Re: Would he be able to accept such a position, if it were offered and he were willing?

Yes they do, or at any rate they gave him a work permit along with the asylum document.

3. dvv

"Лицо книги"… Hilarious :-D

1. Someone
      Headmaster

Thanks go to whoever improved the title’s Russian grammar.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Anyone heard from Mr Bryant?

I'm sure he's delighted, probably nowhere to be seen as he's celebrating that hard.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

shameless self-marketing, foc

who, in this world, has ever heard about this Russian equivalent of facebook? No one, until they offered Snowden a job. But hey, it works

ok, but I mean, REAL people, not YOU... nerds.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Go

Re: shameless self-marketing, foc

Which would also pretty much describe Ed Snowden as well. I guess this may well be the start of a beautiful friendship.

6. Rukario

Snowden's greatest value to VK will likely be as a public relations tool.

Yep, a tool.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like