back to article 'Chromecast - recycle it after a long fulfilling life of kitten videos'

This was the week when the reviews, teardowns, commentaries and analyses of Google's 35-buck media-streaming HDMI dongle Chromecast came flooding in. Though there were those who were blown away, those who loved its pure simplicity and those who reckoned that the Chocolate Factory's dominance of TV was just around the corner, …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"recycle it after a long fulfilling life of kitten videos'"

As a butt plug?

2. Thomas 4

The "Wooow" juror comment

I was always lead to believe that when you go to court, you are judged by a jury of your peers. If a tool like that is my "peer", then it's a very damning statement of me as an individual. =/

1. JohnMurray

Re: The "Wooow" juror comment

Mybe it isn't "peers" but "pee-ers" ?

2. JulianB

I can't vouch for this personally but I'm given to understand that a typical reflection from a jury member is "I hope I'm never tried in front of a jury like that".

3. Scorchio!!

"I was always lead to believe that when you go to court, you are judged by a jury of your peers. If a tool like that is my "peer", then it's a very damning statement of me as an individual. =/"

Ah, now there is a very interesting tale to be had here, from an academic perspective. Forensic psychologists are particularly fond of reconstructing courtrooms and jury rooms. These are the sorts of things that are the meat and drink of the discipline. No one really knows what happens, other than perhaps being on a jury but, even then, the mere presence on a jury of a psychologist or other 'sensible' professional is likely to have a settling effect on the performance of jurors.

So it is difficult this business of poking and prodding simulated trials and juries, but made easier by the rash of facebook and other related data; the latter show that some jurors have used the net to find out things that they were not supposed to know (an activity as old as newspapers and gossip), and most interestingly the confessions, which include material such as that in the current article, and other stuff indicating that jurors have felt sorry for the accused and have later even resorted to copulating with them.

The net has changed a lot, some good, some bad.

3. Arachnoid

Troll, la, la

So I guess that makes 1 in 12 of us a legally backed Troll

4. goldb3rg

If we can Shoehorn Linux on to it, then I'll be able to run it up the flagpole and push the button on that.

5. ArthurKinnell

If we can Shoehorn Linux on to it, then I'll be able to run it up the flagpole and push the button on that.

So true, would have to be Debian flavoured though. None of this Redhat nonsense. I mean Yum really?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like