back to article Steady as she goes at Three, no unseemly dash to be Four

Hutchison's Three network in the UK has seen a ten per cent increase in active users over the past year, it says, with a 14.4 per cent increase in contract punters. The six months to the end of June saw 3 with 9.2m users (7.5m active) of which 5.5m were on contract (5.37m active) - the rest being on prepay. The network lost …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. D00bleSeven

HPSA+ on Three and I can get 30mb down 4 meg up and free tethering on my iPhone w/ unlimited internet for cheaper than EE 4g.. where's the rush?

1. Bigbird3141

Quite - I hope you're paying their new £!5 pcm rate too.

2. Vince
    Thumb Up

Well precisely

I get fantastic speeds on 3, and the one plan is good value for money when you consider I can tether, use as much as I want (for real) and get a very generous text and voice bundle too.

I'm in no rush to get 4G with poorer coverage, and even worse battery life than we all get now.

I'm so used to streaming my favourite Internet radio station, watching my Sky TV via sling player and such when out and about or working away the idea of going to another network with poor speeds and capped service makes me cry.

3. Don Dumb

Simple choice

I moved from O2 to 3 this year. I didn't need a new phone just a contract that gave unlimited data with around 10hrs calls and a decent amount of texts. Most companies only gave 1GB data limits which I kept hitting, it was affecting how I used my smartphone. 3 offered a good price for contracts with unlimited data, whereas other networks were asking for double the price for an equivalent (if there even was one). It was a simple desicion and what was better is that I get better coverage over most of the areas I'm in than I did with O2.

Having wonderful 3G phones with loads of possible data usage and then offering only a 1GB limit is pathetic. I've been pretty happy with 3 and can understand why others have moved too. Why would 4G be attractive right now when there is little 4G coverage available, few phones that can make use of it and for most tasks 3G is sufficient.

4. BigAndos

I moved from Three to Vodafone a while ago as I can got a discount through my old company. However, Vodafone have been terrible value for money. Their network is horrendously overloaded throughout London and they are really stingy with bandwidth caps. I get 500MB a month on a £36 a month contract! As soon as it comes up I think I'll go back to Three. The other operators seem to regard data as an inconvenience.

5. Tim 11

is this a set-up?

5 comments on a forum about a mobile phone company and no complaints (apart from those about its competitors)

+1 for me too. I was very happy with 3 and would move back in a flash if I could get a signal on 3 at work

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like