back to article US and China make major bilateral anti-piracy bust

US and Chinese customs officials have joined together on a bilateral anti-piracy blitz that has seen over 240,000 fake electrical items confiscated. The combined operation came as a result of recent talks between the two countries in which they agreed to work together to stem the flood of pirated goods flowing from China – …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

So, they wonder who is selling this stuff?

Maybe they should look at eBay.

1. andreas koch
      Joke

In other news:

The Apple Stores in Beijing and Shenzhen sell expensive American knock-offs of Chinese technology . . .

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: So, they wonder who is selling this stuff?

Shocker!

Major US corporation is compliment in the sale of counterfeit goods and the feds won't lift a finger?

eBay do next to nothing to prevent the sale of fake goods because they make cash from every sale.

Anyone who's spent 5 minutes on the tat bazaar will know it's stuffed full of Chinese sources fake crap.

2. Mike Moyle

Were I the suspicious and cynical sort...

... which, of course, I'm not... I might suspect that the counterfeiting operations busted in China were all ones that WEREN'T connected to, or paying protection to, party officials and the whole thing was just a way of getting some good international press while covering up the fact that the ACTUAL goal was to cut "unlicensed" competition.

...But that would just be crazy talk, right?

3. Killraven

Enlighten me

At what point did "piracy" start being confused with counterfeiting?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like