back to article BT's new broom turns out to be carving knife: Retail wing sliced in half

BT's soon-to-be new boss Gavin Patterson made the first big management decision of his reign today - and split the telecom giant's retail division into two distinct wings: consumer and business. Patterson, who will formally take over from outgoing chief exec Ian Livingston as BT's chief exec in September, hopes the slice'n' …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. We're all in it together

The first thing he'll do is

Watch back on the shop floor like the Biffa episode last night. Where the Chief Exec was totally out of touch with working conditions, service, and customer expectations. Perhaps he'll bring back Buzby?

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Hope this leads to improvement

Is the 'Business' business any less useless than the consumer wing?

I am a couple of months into the process of trying to get BT Infinity installed to my new house, and I have discovered BT's customer service is the worst in the universe.

I did not think it was possible for a business of their size to be so utterly incapable of something so simple as recording an appointment and then turning up to it.

It's not like they are particularly competitive on price either.

1. Neil Greatorex
      FAIL

Re: Hope this leads to improvement

Simply: No.

Nuff said.

3. Robert E A Harvey

The company is betting big on television with its sports channel

Puts me right off.

They sent me a brochure. No technical info, no channel listings, no service level targets. Just a load of drivel about futba'

So that went in the tub.

4. Clyde

BT

This move is so they can catch all the small businesses that order lines as residential, and "upgrade" them to the more expensive Business Lines.

The only difference being in the billing.

5. Nohairdave

Just focus on getting the job done

Patterson just needs to do one thing to change it's fortunes. Actually provide a half-decent service. Everyone I know who uses BT hates them (both business and consumer) - their products are poor, service mediocre and support terrible. Dont mention their business management incompetence - drives most corporate customers nuts. The competition must be laughing their heads off when they read the new boy's solution is to keep the confusion and silo it into two divisions.

6. PeterM42

Does this mean a change of name?

BT could change from "Bunch of Tossers" to "Business Tossers", but what about residential?

RT possibly, for "Really Tossers".

Suggestions on the forum, please.

This topic is closed for new posts.