back to article Dragons' Den Jones' etail biz Expansys back in the red

If mobility etailer Expansys were to be put in front of majority shareholder and Dragons' Den badboy Peter Jones in its current guise, his response may be something along the lines of "I'm out". Dragged down by its online retail shop, sales at the AIM-listed outfit fell 14 per cent to £93.2m, as profits before tax of £1.5m …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Yet Another Commentard

Bunch of spammers...

I bought an iPAQ from them years ago (yes children, that long ago) and they still send me several e-mails a week. That alone consigned them to both the spam filter and the "don't ever shop there again" bin.

Maybe a tactic of not irritating your customers and wasting time on endless publicity e-mails nobody reads could be a helpful way out of the mess?

1. Victor Ludorum
      WTF?

Re: Bunch of spammers...

Every promotional email I've had from them has an unsubscribe linky at the bottom. I know it works, because I used to get the promo on two similar email addresses, and cancelled one of them.

I realise it's difficult to read through a whole email you didn't want, just to find the little word at the end that says 'unsubscribe'.

V.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: Bunch of spammers...

I suppose you love telling people who call you up offering you a deal to go away and leave you alone?

What about door to door salesmen?

The way to get customer loyalty is by not pissing them off, offering good service and competitive prices. Expansys fail on all counts. They don't even sell UK stock sometimes, it's quite annoying to find a phone or gadget turning up with an EU style two pin plug.

2. En_croute

Expansys = Expensive

Sorry, but whilst they are often leading the market with availablity, especially with Mobile handsets (along with Clove), I use them for product information, and buy elsewhere as they are 10% more expensive than the rest of the market.

They need to be more competitive in this market.

Tech buyers are savy shoppers these days.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Expansys = Expensive

Well, that's not entirely correct, they sometimes have amazing offers. Like the Acer Cloud mobile at one point for £170 when the next-cheapest I could find after utilising various price comparison sites was £250. And a friend bought the Huawei Ascend P1 from them recently, also at £170 while others were again asking for well beyond £200.

I've looked at their trustpilot reviews though and concluded that the help and support you get from them if something's wrong is comparable to the "traveling salesman" who hastily sells electronic goods off the back of his van at your local petrol station before moving on to the next town.

This topic is closed for new posts.