back to article SPEARS joins the 19-mile-high club: Intimate snaps

The Low Orbit Helium Assisted Navigator (LOHAN) team is just about done sifting through the photos and vid from our recent test flight of the Special Project Electronic Altitude Release System (SPEARS) control board, and we hereby present highlights for your viewing pleasure. Click here for a bigger version of the LOHAN …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. scarshapedstar
    Trollface

Can you swing by and take a picture of the melted north pole for that idiot Lewis?

1. Roger B
      Coffee/keyboard

LOL, upvoted.

2. hplasm
      FAIL

But- SPB is a science group. Religion is... elsewhere.

2. John Gamble

Trees

I like how the playmonaut, with all that open space to chose from, went straight for the trees.

And for those who haven't done it yet, for God's sake don't click on the soundtrack. Just don't.

1. Anomalous Cowturd
      Pint

@John Gamble.

Reverse psychology. Works every time! ;o)

I was expecting "The chicken song", so not as bad as it could have been.

I've still got the tune stuck though.

Bugger!

Oh, and well done one and all!

2. Tom 7

Re: Trees

As a child everyone knew trees suck in air to make wind and all light aircraft, kites and Lidl bags will be caught by them. That's why they invented RC and toggles on parachutes.

Even the Peanuts cartoon had a kite eating tree.

3. JimmyPage Silver badge
    Thumb Up

Vaguely OT: Dara O'Briains science club ..

Did anyone see this last night ? The HAV NASA used landed in a 60ft tree, so the recovery team carry a chainsaw.

Is this part of the SPB kit ?

To paraphrase Nathaniel Hale (?) I regret I have only one thumbs-up to give you ...

1. daveake

Re: Vaguely OT: Dara O'Briains science club ..

No chainsaw yet, however the tree in question proved no match for the muscle-power and a rather effective handsaw.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: Vaguely OT: Dara O'Briains science club ..

You should seriously consider upgrading. It'd be terrible if LOHAN was caught in a tree on the same day as the zombie uprising got well underway.

4. Daniel B.

When the playmonaut landed

Did he say "The Vulture has landed"???

5. Robert Sneddon

Model M?

Train spotters, bus spotters, Model M spotters... the four monitors together in the first picture aren't as old as the keyboard underneath them.

1. Down not across
      Thumb Up

Re: Model M?

Ah. Good to see I'm not the only drawn to that. In fact it was the first thing in the picture that caught my eye.

6. Cliff

My lust for novelty

My lust for novelty is getting extremely excited about finding a backronym for MILEY right now.

7. Charlie Clark Silver badge

But what happened to…

The second playmonaut, the really brave one stuck on the side of the launch vehicle?

8. Annihilator
    Facepalm

Hydrogen filled orbs... And yet you're still calling it Low Orbit Helium Assisted Navigator...

This topic is closed for new posts.