back to article Symantec slams Web Gateway back door on would-be corporate spies

Symantec has plugged a series of critical flaws in its Web Gateway appliances which included a backdoor permitting remote code execution on targeted systems. The flaws, discovered during a short crash test by security researchers at Austrian firm SEC Consult, created a means to execute code with root privileges - or the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Pascal Monett Silver badge

What a list

"SEC Consult identified six vulnerabilities with the technology in total, including: cross-site scripting; OS command injection; security misconfiguration; SQL Injection; and cross-site request forgery flaws"

If I'm not mistaken, OS command injection and SQL injection are simply due to the absence of input sanitization. If that is indeed the case, then BOOOOO !

2. ComedyIsn'tPretty

Seriously? Cross Symantec Web Gateway off the list for consideration. I wonder which failed acquisition this technology is from?

3. Tree

Symantec again?

I wonder if this is a bloated pig, too. Another good reason to wipe Norton/Symantec off you hard drive.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like