back to article IT Crowd thesp eyes giant hot-air-filled FLYING SCROTUM

Actor Chris O'Dowd is backing an audacious plan to constuct an enormous flying 'nad sack - an "impossible to ignore" hot-air-filled scrotum designed to "combat the ignorance of testicular cancer". Here's The IT Crowd man himself giving the background to the Male Cancer Awareness Campaign's "Skyballs": As you can see, the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Ragarath

Goodness Gracious Great Balls...

Filled with hot air via fire.

A noble cause as young men and us slightly older ones do tend to take these things for granted and shrug them off.

2. ChrisM

Fire up the pun-o-tron

This story is nuts! It must take a giant pair of balls to float in the air like that!

Lots more but don't want to shoot my load so early...

1. Code Monkey
      Coat

Re: Fire up the pun-o-tron

I fear you'll attract a load of old bollocks here.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Truly a seminal moment for ballooning and El Reg commenting.

1. LinkOfHyrule
        Paris Hilton

I don't know about you but I'm just "itching" to comment on this...

Probably the biggest load of bollocks I have seen on El Reg for a while!

1. Thomas 4
          Coat

A brief but potent charity event.

Spheres today, gone tomorrow.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

If you can't grow a pair

You can always buy shares. Someone should tell the ICO.

1. LinkOfHyrule
      Joke

Re: bollock shares?

I'm pretty poor - I wonder how much a pubes worth would cost?

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Embedded YouTube clips

Unfortunately El Reg continues to use embedded links to YouTube to illustrate its stories.

Not very clever I'm afraid, because those of us working on in large corporates only get to see a 'blocked site' placeholder which reads something like -

"Your request was denied because the requested URL is listed in the < name of a corporate blacklist > of banned URLs. If you believe this site should be permitted, then please contact the < corporate helpdesk name > for further assistance. "

1. Steve Knox
      Childcatcher

Re: Embedded YouTube clips

So? What are you waiting for, man? Contact < corporate helpdesk name > immediately and get them to unblock YouTube, as you have a clear business need!

I mean, it's not like you can wait to watch the video from home when your employer isn't paying you to work. That would just be foolish. No, stand up, Stand UP, I say, for your right to watch giant balls on your employer's dime!

1. jai

In fact, there's an argument to made here that it's a health&safety issue. If we can't watch this clip on YouTube, we may be putting ourselves at risk. So if we suddenly find we have said cancer, we can blame the firm and sue for £cha-ching£!!!!

1. Don Jefe
          Joke

That's it! You can set the record for the first lawsuit related to the project!

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

And you don't have a smartphone of some kind to view said clip on??

5. I think so I am?
    Thumb Up

Is it...

a bird.....is it a plain.......NO.......Balls, What?......Massive floating balls?

Wonder if they will make them hairy for realism?

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Prototyping

Any chance LOHAN can be lifted to stratospheric glory by a pair of scaled down bollocks?

1. Grikath
      Thumb Up

Re: Prototyping

Don't know how it would affect predicted burst-time but it really is a must-do, isn't it?

Wouldn't be the biggest, but certainly the loftiest set of tackle in the world..

7. Haku
    Coat

What's newsworthy about this?

Everyone knows people only talk bollocks on YouTube.

8. Steve Knox

A full pound minimum?

In days past, they'd have started the donations at two bob!

9. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Careful there...

You might want to take extra care not to take this protest into the US. Because if you do chances are high you'll get arrested and thrown in jail for indecent behaviour; and if you happen to have the misfortune that there were also some minors looking an optional: "endangering the welfare of a child", which can easily end you up in jail for a few years.

1. phuzz Silver badge
      Facepalm

Re: Careful there...

Surely 50% of the population already own a set of testicles, and most of the other 50% have at least some familiarity with their appearance?

Ah, no, I'm using logic again aren't I? oops.

1. Ace Rimmer

Re: Careful there...

We believe you just made a rational and well thought out comment. We find this highly offensive and intolerant of our religion.

10. peter 45

Tagline

I do some running to raise money for testicular cancer research. I always run n a teeshirt with the tagline, Saving the Boys......for the Girls. Its probably raised me more money than the running sponsorship. Please feel free to use.

11. Gavin McMenemy

I've paid in

And now I want my ball themed mug.

I hope to have lots of special moments in the office as I walk around telling everyone how hot my balls are in my hand.

12. jai

oblig IT Crowd quote

"What OS are you running?"

"Vista!"

"We're all going to die!!!"

13. TeeCee Gold badge
    Coat

"We're hoping SkyBalls lives up to its claim....."

Don't worry, it'll be the bollocks.

14. Chris Miller

Buster Gonad and his unfeasibly large testicles

Sponsorship opportunity for Viz magazine?

15. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

What, not a giant pair of eyes to draw awareness to the struggles of the boss-eyed?

1. John Bailey

Well. It was one of the options, but the sponsorship form was on the internet, and someone dropped it.

16. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

And in other news...

And in other news, a charity for cervical cancer is hoping to fly a balloon in the shape of David Cameron...

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: And in other news...

have a +1 for that ..

17. Martin Budden Silver badge
    Go

You really must get an eyeful of...

The Skywhale

This topic is closed for new posts.