back to article The Facebook Initiative – Bill Gates's greatest invention

I'd interviewed Bill Gates so many times over the past 20 years but had never seen him in this kind of mood. On this unusual day last month, the typically unemotional man displayed a profound, passionate glimmer of the eye. "I've come up with something that will make Steve Jobs cry," he told me. "This is a taste, refinement …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Saptarshi
    Gates Halo

What a film script

Shouldn't you be writing movie scripts rather than bite the hand that feeds IT?? Awesome read and gr8 humour! But a little harsh on the big philanthropist.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

Pigface - I Can Do No Wrong

The Register attracts pedants. It's aimed at the computing industry = pedants. My suggestion is that, next year, when The Register prints April Fools stories from the US, it prints them at one minute past midnight EST. Otherwise the stories are post-midday in the UK, and you'll get a barrage of complaints from pedants.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

Dunno what it is

that you took with you in this log cabin, but I want some.

4. Stephen Channell
    Thumb Down

Can do better

I prefered articles about Visual Studio for Linux and Microsoft buying Sun (Computer - not the big yellow burny thing).

5. chris
    Happy

it's so obvious.....

All the information was in front of me the whole time. I can't believe that I didn't put it all together.

HA HA

6. Slaine
    Thumb Up

good script

and yes, I'll have some of what you're smoking.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Funneh

Oh I get it - you're an American author posting on a British website where it's already passed midday on April Fools' Day. Good one.

8. Edward Miles

Best...

...One so far!

Congrats :D

9. Kwac
    Happy

Gates

inventing something - now THAT is what I call a April Fool Joke.

10. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

Can't Wait

until 2011.

April 1st will be on a Friday. What will the reg stories be like then?

11. John Pawson
    Stop

Slow news day boys?

Yawn.

12. Andy Turner

They pay people for writing this?

I need a new job.

13. Luther Blissett

OK, gimme the URL

I've had the Fake Steve. I want the Fake Bill. Now.

14. Herby

Microsoft buying Sun??

Why not buy the ACTUAL Sun? Charge everyone royalties for having sunlight? Isn't that pretty close to what Microsoft is doing now?

You want a sunny day, Microsoft will get you one for a silly fee of $1,000,000 or so. Winter in the northern hemisphere on July 30? No problem, get your governments together and for a small fee (your GNP/10 sounds about right) We'll do it for you. There might be a small delay in releasing "Winter 2.0", but 6 months isn't too bad.

Sounds like a winner!

This topic is closed for new posts.