back to article China tops global telco service study

Asian telcos came out top in a new global study of the prepaid mobile market by KPMG designed to find the best customer experience in-store and over-the-phone, with the UK, US and Australia all placing disappointingly outside the top ten. The In Search of a Better Customer Experience study (PDF) rated 106 mobile providers …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Dan 55 Silver badge

Study doesn't take into account that people in different places are different

That concierge nonsense on the whole doesn't go down well in the UK, so if they're not in the UK that should be a point in the teleco's favour, not against.

1. frank ly

Re: Study doesn't take into account that people in different places are different

Anybody who wants to take my details before 'allowing' me to browse products gets told 'no'. I'm tempted to carry a rolled up newspaper to whack those young puppies that jump on you as soon as you walk through the door in some shops.

2. Jamie Jones Silver badge

Re: Study doesn't take into account that people in different places are different

"That concierge nonsense on the whole doesn't godown well in the UK, so if they're not in the UK that should be a point in the teleco's favour, not against.""

Indeed! When I read the article, I thought "I don't want no stinkin' concierge" - I'd even avoid such a place...

</grumpy welsh git>

3. A J Stiles
      Meh

I'm not sure that that wouldn't actually be a good idea, though, if it weeded out the leeches who think it's OK to visit a bricks-and-mortar store just to browse goods and then buy the same product from an Internet retailer.

Not that selling stuff sight-unseen and expecting other people to keep stores where your customers can browse identical products isn't a form of freetardery in its own right, of course.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

customer service?

didn't realize there was such a thing, you either pay for the joke coverage and data rates or do without.

3. This post has been deleted by its author

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"It should be noted that Asian countries have a relatively high penetration of prepaid mobile users compared to, say, the UK and therefore their telcos should be expected to deal better with this type of customer."

Discriminatory! But that is hardly unexpected, we expect discrimination in the UK. I experience it multiple times on a daily basis.

"However, the report still serves to highlight persistent deficiencies with customer service in markets like the UK, US and Oz where telcos have been doing this for a lot longer."

Because business try to adopt standard business practices (e.g.ITIL and it's ilk) which FAIL everyone except the policy makers whom we are expected to give a pat on the back!

UK=Retarded (it's the best explaination as to why the Tories are in power again)

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Hi Eadon, nice to have you back. Either that or you have an impersonator.

5. plrndl

Yet more Market Research BS

Customer satisfaction is always relative to expectations and past experience. If you've had 5 years of consistently excellent service, satisfaction drops because you regard consistently excellent service as the norm, and minor irritations are magnified in the absence of major irritations.

Conversely, in a developing country where a shop that sells real working mobile phones that you can buy is little short of a miracle, your satisfaction will be very high regardless of the quality of the service provided.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Yet more Market Research BS

The use of the term 'developing' is misleading though.

Certainly in my experience, the Chinese consumer is far more discerning and critical when it comes to quality of service for electronic goods.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like