back to article World's biggest software biz SAP not selling as much, er, software

Sales of actual business software at the world’s largest maker of business software fell in its second quarter, but SAP said that the firm had made more money from cloud subscriptions and support services. Overall sales were up 4 per cent. Sales of software at the German biz had fallen seven per cent to €982m ($1.28bn) in the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Neill Mitchell

SAP

Is for saps.

2. MJI Silver badge

How about the Sybase division?

Now that does matter to a lot of people.

3. GazH
    Coat

Worlds biggest software biz....

By what definition are SAP the "world’s largest maker of business software" ?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Worlds biggest software biz....

I've always wondered this. SAP's Wikipedia entry makes the same statement, and as far as that is concerned, it cites a SEVEN year old source, which doesn't actually exist anymore:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SAP_AG#cite_note-19

The entire market has changed several times over in the last 7 years, so I'm not sure why this claim is still made.

2. Getriebe
      Pirate

Re: Worlds biggest software biz....

I guess its the definition of biz software. If its ERP software, by any measure they have more people staring at their screens than anyone else. And at one time their profitability was off the scale. Do not forget all the partners and customers took the big hits, die kameraden just wrote the stuff

But they are taking a big drop in sales, revenue and even market share. They pitched at the Firtune 1000 companies and a sthere are well, 1000, of them - once its full its full.

All other attempts to diversify have failed or met with only moderate success.

Anyhow I look forward to their future fail as much as the freetards on here look forward to the fail of the wintards.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like