back to article What happens on G-Cloud stays on G-Cloud

With the advent of the G-Cloud and the introduction of the UK Government’s Cloud First initiative in May 2013, the impetus to use the cloud to carry out daily tasks and plans has never been greater. Historically government departments and the wider public sector have shied away from the cloud because of  concerns about …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Sounds terrible!

So internally it's essentially just a normal, locally managed and available server. Externally, you can only get access to a third of the information. Which means they need a different solution for people working externally, which means they might as well use whatever that other solution is internally to! Back to the drawing board...?

2. druck Silver badge
    Stop

Please mark as an advert rather than an article.

3. Peter Gathercole Silver badge

Do I spot a supplier tie-in?

In order to use this, you have to be an Office365 registered user?

OK, this is currently just for UK Government employees and information partners. and I know that I have to temper my dislike of Microsoft's business practices, but this feels like Microsoft just having to wait for all UK Government on-line services to use this mechanism before signing up the entire UK adult population on a subscription service.

Where's the openness, fairness and competition.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like