back to article Ballmer: 'I call it all Windows, all the time'

This was the week when NSA PRISM whistleblower Edward Snowden decided to lead the world a merry chase, like an ostentatious Phileas Fogg, or a WikiLeaks-inspired Where's Wally, with obfuscation ever his watchword. To put it another way, he took off from Hong Kong and no one's sure where he is any more. The man who outed …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. N2

Oh-er...

Extradition-dodging-enabler Ecuador eh? until the USA clicks "change regime"?

1. amanfromMars 1 Silver badge

Oh-er... Ahha-Yes, YEs, YES ....

To replace it with what, N2? AIDynamic Virtual Operating System Node ...... with Future Communications Meeting Points granting Virtually Live Access to AI Beta NEUKlearer HyperRadioProActive Test Areas in Control and Command of Virtual Live ProgramMING Scriptures and Master CodeXSSXXXX.

Yes, I second that. It's a great simple idea, N2. Bravo.

2. Isendel Steel

Wikileaks a country now ?

Although I note that institutions can have diplomats, I think the general understanding is that diplomats are usually from countries - I could (of course) be wrong.

3. Alistair MacRae

Rapid Release

With releasing more often will we end up going through 2 versions of Windows OS before getting one everyone likes rather than the standard every other release?

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Having visited, I can attest that Ecuador is a basket case of a country, with levels of tax avoidance that make Greece look amateurish. Point being, regime change happens regularly, with no outside interference required. I'd feel much more secure in Russia, myself.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Tax avoidance?

Lots of Starbucks' and Google sales offices there then?

5. Robinson
    Facepalm

Public Interest?

"making or facilitating disclosures in the public interest"

Who are these people to decide what's in the public interest? The bloody cheek of it.

6. Kevin 6
    Coat

What is being done to Mr Snowden and to Mr Julian Assange - for making or facilitating disclosures in the public interest - is an assault against the people.

Yes, and in Julian's case its sexual assault against some Swedish people.

Can't stand how they compare the two.

I'll get my coat

1. This post has been deleted by its author

2. Tufty Squirrel
      Black Helicopters

Innocent until proven guilty, m'Lud.

As it happens, it's *alleged* sexual assault, and he's not yet been actually *charged* with anything. He, of course, denies the allegations, claiming the relationships in question were consensual, and reckons the whole thing is a put-up-job to make him more easily extraditable to the US.

He has, however, offered to meet and co-operate with the Swedish investigators at his current "abode", or to go to Sweden if guarantees are issued vis-a-vis his safety from extradition to the US. The Swedes have refused both options.

7. and-job

aww come on ballmer....

... you want people to pay your overpriced upgrade fee's? If people got improvements but each incarnation from Vista onwards has become a more lumbering beast. The operating system takes up too much memory, fails to utilize the processes adequately leaving PC's with multiple core processors failing to take advantage of all the extra power! It's ability to allocate and deallocate and reallocate memory is appallingly bad.

It's size is horrendous, it's the blue whale of the operating systems. Nothing is done to improve it's functionality concerning speed and efficiency!!! It merely wallows along like a big blue whale.

If Apple was using big cats as names for it's operating system Microsoft should have been using names like Slug, Snail, Sloth etc as names for Windows incarnations.

Maybe it's time for MS to either redo Windows completely from Scratch or move over and let another company move in and develop a low cost operating system that doesn't require ever faster processors and ever more memory just to let the operating system run at all without struggling.

8. gkroog
    Trollface

"All Windows, all the time"? What a stroke of Genius. So what's Windows 7 then? All Windows, less of the time?

The more I see of Ballmer, the more he reminds me of Champ Kind from Anchorman...

9. GotSumCaps

:D

Should we call that a PC? Should we call it a tablet? I call it all Windows, all the time:D

10. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

Like?

Mr. Ballmer, there's another name for "Rapid Release." It's called premature ejaculation. Consult your nearest medical professional immediately!

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like