back to article US Supremes sit on hands in $625m patent case, hand Apple victory

The US Supreme Court has handed Apple a victory in its long-running patent-infringement battle with Mirror Worlds LLC, declining to review a lower court's decision to overturn a $625.5m judgment that had been leveled against Cupertino. The Supremes made no comment on the case, merely lumping it into a list of 157 cases …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. ratfox
    Thumb Up

Good

I approve each and every decision against patent holders.

1. James 51

Re: Good

Even if it is in apple's favour?

Patents, if used properly they are a good thing. It's the abuse that allows companies to beat other companies in the courts when they can't beat them in the market place that annoys me.

2. Michael Wojcik Silver badge

Re: Good

Yeah, if it weren't for patents, those nice folks at Microsoft would have been able to destroy the evil Citrix corporation and its dastardly mastermind Ed Iacobucci.

Oh, wait - that wouldn't have been a desirable outcome at all. It appears your generalization is idiotic.

2. BrentRBrian

Patent System

The patent system is as old as the USA (parts of it, anyway). Long overdue for an update, unfortunately, Congress avoids anything that resembles REAL WORK.

1. Tom 13

Re: Patent System

On this particular issue I have to admit that the only thing that scares me more than not fixing the system is letting the clowns (with apologies to all actual clowns who work at circuses etc.) currently in Congress write a new one.

3. John McCallum
    Devil

PoE

Isn't that something that your great**grandma used to piss in at night instead of a trek to the kazzie after dark.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like