back to article Ask Trevor Pott ANYTHING about Office 365

Our favourite sysadmin Trevor Pott has been digging deep into Office 365 in recent weeks. But even Trevor is only human, and there may be features you feel he hasn't fully touched on, or corners of the cloudy platform that haven't been properly aired so far. So we ran a Live Chat on Monday 24 June, when you had the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Yet Another Anonymous coward Silver badge

Can we use "ize" and "re"

Or does that confuse the NSA filters?

1. LarsG
      Pint

Stop

Why would you want to ask any questions about it?

It would be like watching England in the World Cup.

You start off full of hope and optimism.

Then you get ground into the dirt and spend the next few years dreaming of what could have been.

I'm off to the pub, there are better things to do with my time.

2. adnim
    Happy

Why Office 365

When I can enable remote access to my LAN and use LibreOffice for free?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Why Office 365

When you loose your job and you no longer require a product that actually works...

1. adnim

Re: Why Office 365

"When you loose your job and you no longer require a product that actually works..."

I'm self employed and doing OK, although I am thinking of issuing myself with a written warning for browsing the Internet and reading The Register during working hours.

3. Pirate Dave Silver badge
    Pirate

My biggest question

about Office365 is - how long will it be before Microsoft comes up with Yet Another Greatest Thing Ever that will be the successor to O365 and forces all of us who use it to switch over?

I'll wander back into the shadows now, and grumble into my beard about being pushed from the simple Live@EDU into O365.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: My biggest question

"how long will it be before Microsoft comes up with Yet Another Greatest Thing Ever that will be the successor to O365 and forces all of us who use it to switch over?"

Microsoft already have an accelerated update / release cycle for office 365. You don't need to do anything to switch over at each update - it's without impact to end users...

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Should we expect some downtime in leap years?

1. TheVogon

Re: 365

Or even during Leap Seconds: http://www.techspot.com/news/49229-leap-second-bug-amazon-ec2-outage-brought-down-major-websites.html

5. Arctic fox
    Headmaster

I see that Mr Eadon joined this thread and then deleted himself.

I am delighted to see that even he has an embarrassment threshold.

1. Spoonsinger
      Coat

Re: I see that Mr Eadon joined this thread and then deleted himself.

Nah, he's just aiding the terrorist threat by continually posting random anti Microsoft drivel. Mind I'd like to know what his underlying reason is. Most people would get angry at whatever someone/thing did, see it in perspective, get over it, then go on with their lives using something else. Mr Eadon's thing against Microsoft must be really deep routed and it's eating his soul. (sorry for the neo christian observation at the end, but sometimes it fits)

WHY IS EADON SO ANGRY???? - love child of Bill Gates? or didn't something work for him at a critical time and he lost his entire family to a BSOD?.

6. Ron Christian

Why is latency so high?

We switched from an overloaded Exchange server to Office 365 and immediately noticed a pronounced delay in mail delivery, up to minutes, accompanied by occasional refusal to recognize user credentials, causing temporary email outages on a random, individual basis. The portion of the company still on Exchange are not seeing these symptoms. Comments?

1. Trevor_Pott Gold badge

Re: Why is latency so high?

I've noticed this as well. It's typically been related to issues with the AD infrastructure, in many cases on the MS side where you can't touch it. It's "open a ticket" time...

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like