back to article Suck it Vine: Instagram adds 15-second video clips with fancy filters

Instagram has unveiled its foray into video uploads with an app for iOS and Android that captures 15 seconds of video and gives amateur auteurs some fancy tools to play with to make it special. Instagram video Click to record, post and bore people to death "At our core, visual imagery is everything. It's in our DNA and it' …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Cliff

I don't care about my 380 'friends' lunches or really give a single hoot for their 140 character poorly formed kneejerk opinion to current affairs. Having a steam of early YouTube quality video added to the mix is just depressing. Fuck social media.

2. frank ly

Core values

Actually, at our core is a moving yucky mess with muddy colours. Ahh .... it does work out that way.

3. MrXavia
    Facepalm

Instagram, now we can screw up your videos too!

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Here's an idea

If people would mount their phones as dash cams and have the video taking and upload triggered by the accelerometer, then social media might just become a whole lot more interesting.

1. Mike Flugennock
      Meh

Re: Here's an idea

Jeez, man, isn't YouTube already infested enough with footage of clowns racing their hot rods and sport bikes on the highways?

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

15 seconds...

...15 seconds of fame? Who is the real audience?.... Ah, now I get who its for.. To borrow a quote: "The Kardashians are as famous as our president. What does that tell you about how skewed our society is?"

6. Jamie Jones Silver badge

15 seconds...

...only if we do it twice!

7. Zmodem

it takes 3 mins to upload 40 mins of 3gp video

8. Mike Flugennock
    Facepalm

"It's in our DNA"

Oh, that's just friggin' great. Nothing enthuses me more than some Silicon Valley clown saying something's in their DNA.

9. Potemkine Silver badge

Futility at best

Another toy for self indulgence :yawn:

10. ukgnome

Yeah but....

can you show nipples?

11. g e
    Joke

Wow. Not-square things?

That must have caused a lot of head-scratching

12. Justin Pasher

Must Have Filter

Please tell me one of the filters they have is this:

WARNING: You are shooting your video in portrait format. This is not the standard video format used by every playback device on earth. It will not only look bad, but it will also waste over half the pixel space when viewed in a standard viewing box / monitor / TV / etc. Please rotate your camera 90 degrees. Otherwise ...

Continue?

Yes - Pfft. What do you know about how to hold a phone?!

No - Thanks for helping me become smarter and save the world from yet another poorly shot video clip!

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like