back to article Oracle: We WON grey market software and Solaris support case

Oracle is claiming victory in a case of alleged grey market trading against a US business that sells network, software and services management support to the enterprise. ServiceKey and its CEO Angela Vines inked a settlement deal with Larry's lot at the end of last month. The lawsuit was filed by Oracle in February 2012, with …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Kevin McMurtrie Silver badge
    Facepalm

And so commences the death of Oracle. "It's too hard to get support for it," businesses will say.

1. FuzzyTheBear
      Pint

Add to that " It's way too expensive. " But rejoyce , all Oracle users say it's only a matter of time , anything written Oracle has became way too expensive ..

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

You forgot "Its a bug ridden bloated pile of crap"

2. ducatis'r us

Rimini Street

And the ongoing spat with Rimini Street??

3. M Gale

Turn that bloody autoplaying HP advert off right now before I put Adblock Plus on again.

That is all.

1. beep54
      Meh

Adblock

Can even imagine why you took it off in the first place.

1. beep54

Re: Adblock

Can't. Sorry. This place really needs to allowing post editing.

1. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

Re: Adblock

There's now an advert for 'Office 365` and "Watch what Newham Council Did"

4. Anonymous Coward
    Linux

Authorised Oracle ..

"The lawsuit was filed by Oracle in February 2012, with the software giant accusing the managed service provider of distributing proprietary software and support that it was not authorised to sell to customers including the US Navy and the US Food and Drug Administration."

Isn't this precisely what Oracle is doing with Red Hat, stripping out the copyrights, re-branding it as Oracle Linux and selling `support contracts'.

1. Tom 13

Re: Authorised Oracle ..

Probably. But Red Hat are required to release their OSS whereas the same does not apply to Oracle's proprietary code.

5. cmaurand
    Linux

Good news for Microsoft

If I were Vines, I'd start flogging SQL Server and Great Plains. Say fine to Oracle and start moving my customers. I'd start finding ways to migrate customers away from Oracle which has to be the most over priced software I've ever come across.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like