back to article O2 averts strike action over mass Capita outsourcing deal

The Communication Workers' Union has called off its strike ballot, scheduled to close today, following a last-minute deal with O2 and outsourcing giant Capita, the details of which haven't been released. The union called the ballot last week, following O2's announcement that call centre staff would be transferred to …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Redudancy vs Crapita

Think i would take redudancy before crapita too. I understand they are just reducing their part of the pension contribution down to something farcical too.

2. Ana Cronym

To paraphrase Joe Hill - there is still power in a Union

3. Wanda Lust

Oh, too

I'm glad I've severed all custom with O2. Those dealing with customers all day on the hot end of a phone line can't have an easy job but my perception that O2’s business processes are worse than shoddy can only make it worse for them.

I'm sure it's not just O2 who are guilty but I do think they form their processes on a 60:40 rule, i.e. the thinking goes we'll script/procedure-alise 60% of possible interactions then deal with the other 40% as exceptions. The plan falls apart when they don't give those on the receiving end of the phone sufficient tools and information to deal with the exceptions.

4. Ascylto
    Big Brother

Mudroach

Not only are O2 getting into bed with Crapita, they're also selling off home and broadband to Sky ... owner one Rupert Mudroach of phonehacking fame.

Good bye O2 !

5. PeterM42
    FAIL

If Sky are taking over O2's broadband.....

....the cost will go up, the service will go down.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"Assurances"

The "assurances", aside from recognition of the CWU, appear decidedly conditional and open to future deliberate misinterpretation.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like