back to article Sexy models clash at big bash over catty tweets: Yup, it's HTC v Samsung

HTC and Samsung engaged in a little Twitter spat this weekend which rapidly turned nasty, while LG happily poked the warring giants with a pointy stick. The British tweet feeds of the phone firms took turn an unfriendly turn after HTC bagged the "Hottest Phone of 2013" gong at the Mobile Awards for its HTC One. Not content …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Cliff

outsourced PR?

Seeing as the head honchos of either company aren't going to be doing the tweeting, and many companies at least partly outsource their PR, I'll bet there were a few stern phone calls this morning...

1. Mark .

Re: outsourced PR?

Alternatively, there are now loads more people aware that HTC has the best phone award, and Samsung won 3 awards. And see a light-hearted more human side of the companies, rather than them being faceless corporations.

Just look at when Samsung rip the piss out of Apple - that's not bad PR, that's excellent because it gets loads of media coverage.

(Though I agree, stepping into potentially libellous claims is a bad idea.)

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

All rather pathetic

All rather pathetic really,

Everyone knows the best phone in the world is made by Apple.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: All rather pathetic

I can't figure out if you're being sarcastic or are an Apple fanboy. I'm downvoting you either way, despite owning an iPhone myself. The idea that there is one "best" phone is ludicrous, as people have different needs and wants, different people will conclude various phones are best for them.

Giving out a "best phone" award is like giving out an award at school for most popular. Maybe you can brag about it for a day and a half, but a year later it is forgotten by everyone.

2. LinkOfHyrule
    Paris Hilton

You could have warned us that this story contained "Winner" - I have a delicate constitution!

But back to the story at hand - which is better HTC or Samsung phones - there's only one way to find out........

FIGHT!

1. Ragarath
      Terminator

Re: You could have warned us that this story contained "Winner" - I have a delicate constitution!

Your right, bring on robot combat league. Sammy on one side HTC on the other, winner takes all!

May the best bot win!

I feel dirty now!

2. wowfood

Re: You could have warned us that this story contained "Winner" - I have a delicate constitution!

Bring out the jelly!

3. asdf
      Trollface

>But back to the story at hand - which is better HTC or Samsung phones - there's only one way to find out........

>FIGHT!

Not necessary. HTC Thunderbolt = insta lose forever.

3. The_Regulator

Hahaha, this is great, there needs to be more. Maybe they can make fight phones and duel it out in the arena!!!

4. Waspy
    WTF?

Nice one HTC...

Hope you can afford the lawsuit!

5. Darryl

And the winner is...

LG

Nice one guys

1. Erroneous Howard

Re: To be fair...

It's probably the only thing LG have won around mobile phones for a while

1. M Gale

It's probably the only thing LG have won around mobile phones for a while

The contract for the Nexus 4 not count?

1. admiraljkb

Yeah, the Nexus4 was pretty nice, and changed my thinking about LG phones. I got the LG Optimus G Pro because of the Nexus4. The Optimus G Pro is by far the nicest phone I've owned to date. SGS4 hardware with a full HD 5.5" screen. (for the record, I was going to get the SGS4, but my eyes took a bad turn and I needed the (even) bigger screen)

6. Cliff

I like the HTC handset, but I also like the Samsung...

There's only one way to sort this out...

(you know the rest)

7. goldcd

At least both sides seem to care

Quite refreshing to see the two 'teams' getting all fighty over their employers products.

8. Rafael L

At least

Still a better love story than Twilight.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like