back to article Apple pulls back the iRon curtain to register iWatch trademark in Russia

Apple has reportedly registered an iWatch trademark in Russia, providing the clearest indication yet that it will soon release a wearable computer disguised as a timepiece. However, the fruity firm might be in a for a fight, because a wristwatch seller which runs a website called i-watch.ru has already registered the trademark …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Neil Barnes Silver badge
    Go

Ululating?

Nearly as good a word as 'podule'!

1. Sir Sham Cad

Re: Ululating?

By Jove, i think you've got it, Mr Barnes! Quick, to the other thread to offer:

A podule of ululators!

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Maybe they're talking about TV

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Will be interesting

It will almost certainly be a locked down proprietary piece of kit that I wont want, but it will be interesting to see what they come up with.

1. Sir Sham Cad

Re: Will be interesting

I'm expecting something similar to the iPod nano 6G (local media player) that also links seamlessly to an iPhone for sms messages, facewitter updates, phone calls etc, streaming media from the phone (so what the current crop of smart watches do but more slickly integrated but strictly limited to iPhone therefore useless to the majority of smartphone owners).

4. wowfood

Would be good if the iWatch wasn't a watch at all, bu a portale blu-ray player.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

or a pair of smart glasses.

5. JaitcH
    Unhappy

Money ... the answer to any and all problems in Russia

All Apple has to do is offer a few backhanders to the people who matter and all will be well.

Only problem is they aren't supposed to do it under US law.

1. Sir Sham Cad

Re: Money ... the answer to any and all problems in Russia

They could offer to sponsor Chelsea and oh wait Samsung have already done that...

6. Identity

What's the use?

Could be just another piece of must(not)-have gear with no practical purpose, but check out http://asktog.com/atc/apple-iwatch/ for some interesting possibilities.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I wonder how many places have iWatch registered?

Simply because of the rumors about Apple releasing a watch? Its not as though their product names are difficult to guess. About as hard as guessing the names of new Audi or BMW models. If they named them like Lamborghini does, they wouldn't have to worry about trademark conflicts, or someone jumping their registrations in anticipation of the name they're likely to use.

8. CmdrX3

Still not interested

Wearing an watch does my head in. If I need to know the time I'll stick my hand in my pocket and pull out my phone. Unless I can use it as a teleporter, I doubt there's anything else it would do to make me want to wear a watch.

I read a comment in the forums of one of the Apple rumour sites from someone who said he hates wearing watches and has never worn one but if Apple make one he's definitely getting it... and that's before we know anything about what it can do, so people will buy it, whether they need it or not.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like