back to article Apple releases Mountain Lion, Safari updates

Apple has released an OS update that brings Mountain Lion up to version 10.8.4, fixes an array of bugs including Microsoft Exhange compatibility problems, and brings Safari up to version 6.0.5. As listed by Apple, OS X 10.8.4 provides the following: Compatibility improvements when connecting to certain enterprise Wi-Fi …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. nanchatte

Copawhat?

Copacetic... Can someone enlighten me as to the etymology of this term? I presume it means something along the lines of hunky dory.

1. Michael Thibault
      Boffin

Re: Copawhat?

Merriam-Webster says:

"Origin of COPACETIC

origin unknown

First Known Use: 1919"

Since the origin is unknown, there's no etymology.

1. MarcusArt

Re: Copawhat?

I understand that, if you worked on the Apollo program you may know the word and it's a particularly parochial American term. Not British English my dear boy.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Weird...

I never had any of these problems.....

Why fix it?

2. MACWINLINO

Does this improve performance

I had constant issues with Mountain Lion, random system freezes etc. Have read online that a lot of people have complained about the same thing.

I wonder if I should try ML again? Decisions decisions

1. Ben Holmes
      Unhappy

Re: Does this improve performance

Personally, I was looking for some updates regarding CoreAudio. The latency on a new MBP with an i7 in is just laughable. Not a massive deal, as it's not my main music machine, but it would be nice to be able to faff about with recording stuff while on the road, so to speak.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Does this improve performance

Interesting, I didn't really have any issues other than that Safari would occasionally decide it needed a break. As I tend to use either Opera or Firefox that hasn't bothered me much, otherwise nothing special to report :)

3. John Robson Silver badge

So more than 2 weeks away then...

"Apple provides a link to its security updates page for "detailed information about the security content of this update," but as per usual with OS X updates, that information has yet to be posted, but will appear when Cupertinian web folks get around to it."

Takes them two weeks doesn't it?

4. Anonymous Coward
    Stop

I think i will wait and see what happens. Let other people find out if it works, before i install it on a perfectly good working system.

5. Zippy's Sausage Factory

Safari 6.0.5 for Lion was released along with a security update for Lion as well. Presumably the security update backports the same fixes to 10.7 as the main update.

I'm guessing the habit of not posting the security details as soon as the update is released is some kind of "security through obscurity" policy, to avoid alerting all the script kiddies to have a last play with their soon-to-be-obsolete shiny toys...

6. Lord Elpuss Silver badge

Noise issues

Here's hoping they've included a fix for the audio problems on ML: those random clicks & pops are driving me crazy.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like