back to article 'Syrian Electronic Army' fails to crack Israeli water system

Attempts purportedly made by pro-Assad hacktivists to attack water systems in northern Israel have failed, recent reports reveal. The Syrian Electronic Army have more or less cornered the market in attacks on high-profile media accounts on Twitter over recent months with attacks on the BBC, The Guardian, AP and others. Two …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Yet Another Anonymous coward Silver badge

Let me get this straight

Syrian government groups attack Israel (allegedly)

Because Israel blew up a convoy (allegedly)

Carrying weapons to the terrorists/freedom-fighters/rebels attacking the Syrian government (allegedly)

Are they putting something in the water?

1. PacketPusher
      Facepalm

Re: Let me get this straight

Nope. The convoy was (allegedly) carrying missiles bound for Shiite Hezbollah militants. Hezbollah are long-time foes of Israel and allies of President Bashar al-Assad's Syrian regime.

1. Yet Another Anonymous coward Silver badge

Re: Let me get this straight

Sorry got the of/and confused in the post

2. asdf

lets see

The advantage to watching Syria and Israel go at it is because both are basically rogue nations you don't have to worry about things like international law getting in the way of the intrigue. Fake 3rd country passport used for assassinations, check, chemical weapons, check, destructive scada malware, check. Hope it stays confined to that crap part of the world as much as possible though.

1. ACx

Re: lets see

Indeed. But the danger there is that both have super power Daddies with huge interest in each side.

3. Christoph
    WTF?

Major news

Some web sites were attacked. The attack failed.

Hey, that's a major news story. It can't be happening more often than, say, every few milliseconds.

4. ian 22
    Meh

De Minibus (sic)

The Syrian Electronic Army seems to have the power to deface hoardings. Chilling!

1. Matt Bryant Silver badge
      Meh

Re: ian 22 Re: De Minibus (sic)

"......the power to deface hoardings....." The bit that should scare you is that supposedly educated people are watching those hoardings and making investment decisions, possibly with your pension fund!

5. Yag
    Trollface

Hey! i'm a stoopid dictator!

My army can barely contain a rebellion, rebellion supported by half the countries in the world (Mostly thanks to the awesome PR budget given by Qatar)

What shall I do... mmmh...

YES! I'll give reasons for the twitchy neighbour to declare war on me! this is obviously the best course of action!

</sarcasm>

This whole syrian mess smells as good as Koweit's nurses or Irak's WMD...

1. Matt Bryant Silver badge
      Boffin

Re: Hey! i'm a stoopid dictator!

".....I'll give reasons for the twitchy neighbour to declare war on me!....." You are forgetting that nothing unites Muslims more than a war against Israel. The strategy behind this - try diverting Arab funding for the rebels by suggesting Assad is actually the Great Muslim Warrior fighting the Jews - is exactly the same as Saddam tried when he tried to split Arab support for the UN action to remove him from Kuwait, when he fired Scuds at Israel.

This topic is closed for new posts.