back to article Belarus becomes world's top country ... for SPAM

Belarus has eclipsed the US to become the biggest single source of global spam, according to cloud-based email and web security firm AppRiver. Junk volumes from the landlocked former Soviet republic, which borders Poland and Russia, hit an all-time high on 13 April and have sustained this level since then. In January, …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Throatwobbler Mangrove
    Headmaster

"7.45 per cent from the Ukraine..."

No - not "the Ukraine", just "Ukraine". The definite article is not just redundant but wrong. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-18233844

2. MrPatrick
    Alert

According...

...to The Guardian this morning Belarus is also the worlds top country... for Beaver Attacks (and Deaths).

Coincidence? I think not.

1. Big_Boomer Silver badge
      Pirate

Re: According...

Beaver attacks????? Noooooooo!

3. Phil O'Sophical Silver badge

why not

unplug (figuratively speaking) Belarus until they get their house in order? Would anyone notice but Belarus?

1. Tapeador

Re: why not

Gas pipeline :-/

Also cutting off information flow helps its present dictatorship.

4. BornToWin

I'm all for full recourse

I suggest using the top secret tech that allows authorities to send a digital fire to the HDDSs of all SPAMMERs burning up their PC hardware. I hope that film crews are on site when the fires begin and the perps panic. This would be news worth watching.

1. Fatman

Re: I'm all for full recourse

Almost as good would be a nasty that triggers the SECURE_ERASE command built into most current hard drives.

I have often wondered if there was a way to access the internal LBA layout table1, and wipe it out, or better yet, scramble it.

1 Most people are aware that the "old" cylinder/head/sector nonsense that one once HAD to use in partitioning a hard drive is no longer necessary; there is STILL some internal table that maps a specific LBA to the physical sector containing the data. If one could only fuck up THAT table!!!

5. Shaun 2
    Happy

Thankyou

All traffic from Belarus now being dropped by my little firewall :)

6. Bob AMG
    Coat

Operation Blackhole Belarus

http://www.programva.com/en/ip-addresses-world-countries?u0=%20Belarus&uA=IP%20addresses&id_r=36&opEvent=country

Then add them to your spam list.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like