back to article Yahoo! to 'share something special' in New York on Monday

Yahoo! will hold a "product-related news event" this upcoming Monday with CEO Marissa Mayer in attendance to "share something special." Did you get your invitation yet? That's the word first tweeted by CNBC on Friday afternoon. Yahoo! later confirmed that it was holding a 5pm press event in New York City – "by invitation …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. jerry 4

Had a girlfriend once shared something special with me in New York

Had a girlfriend once shared something special with me in New York....

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Had a girlfriend once shared something special with me in New York

Are you sure it wasn't twice, or was that just an echo?

1. Euripides Pants
        Go

Re: echo?

two girlfriends

2. Trustme

Re: Had a girlfriend once shared something special with me in New York

And how many trips to the clinic did it take to get rid of it again?

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Tumblr

For bloggers who like to share their personal spank-banks..

3. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

NeoCities?

Yahoo just didn't know what they had when they had Geocities/BeverlyHills. They could of trailed blazed social media in the late 90's, now it could be they just want to trail. I really hope they are not doing "social" media or "cloud" anything, they need to bring something really new and useful to continue in...anything.

4. bag o' spanners
    Devil

Yahoo Groups was the mutts nuts back in the day. It was like a slightly less cock-obsessed MSN Groups. YM was full of toxic ASL bellends trying to find the last surviving single female on the interwebs..The chatty thing on the Groups was nice and private and you could use the banhammer to get rid of the dickheads. Then Yahoo pissed it all away with 360, which didn't work properly for three months, alienated the dweebs with prissy rules and broken code, and then vanished into the ether. Rubbish direction crapped from a great height on their socmedia roots. I wish them only pain.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

How long will this fad last?

All Social networking sites/media are passing fads. How long will this last? A biliion is a large amount and typical of Yahoo, will be money well wasted in a few months time. Trust me, its happened before. Murdoch (My Sapce), Facebook (losing its sheen) and countless others.

Why will this be different?

Everything they have touched, has ened up being crippled.

Wh cant they at least fix their email system, which is so slow ! And spam has increased, too.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Confirmed!

Now, where get Yahoo! find $1.1bn from?

1. Captain DaFt

Re: Confirmed!

Yahoo!'s literally betting the business on this one:

" The deal size is raising some eyebrows, since, as Fortune’s Dan Primack tweeted, Yahoo had only $1.2 billion cash on hand as of its most recent quarterly" - from Techcrunch

Shooting the wad on a company that's currently losing money... looks like the end for both of them!

7. ShrNfr

WSJ reports that Yahoo has approved a 1.1 bn buck cash offer for Tumblr. http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887324787004578493130789235150.html

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Be prepared

FOr tons of adverts splattering your screens henceforth.

After all, they have to recoup the investment, innit? How else could they jusfity this?

Unless the whole board has gone insane.

Not to forget that "She" has the Google DNA and adverts is what she will use, to pay for it, guaranteed.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like