back to article BlackBerry's Q5 QWERTY gets flirty with buy-curious teens

BlackBerry's new Q5 QWERTY smartphone was revealed today as "youthful and fun", rather distancing the device from its pinstripe pocket-dwelling siblings, the Q10 and Z10. The Q5 a mid-range sibling to the first BlackBerry OS 10 QWERTY phone, the Q10, which we reviewed here last week. But somewhat surprisingly, the BB10-powered …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Irongut

Too Late

All the yoof I know have switched to iPhones or Android in the last 12 months. Looks like they use Facebook / Twitter instead of BBM now.

1. TheVogon
      Mushroom

Re: Too Late

Yep - this is just bubbles from the sinking ship....

2. Anonymous Coward
      FAIL

Re: Too Late

And just how many "yoof" do you know, that your social circle should be taken as a representative sample of BlackBerry's market as a whole?

2. Jim 48

Considering the other announcement about opening up BBM to Android and iOS it'll be interesting to see what happens with the yoof market.

3. durandal

Looks all right, actually!

4. ItsNotMe
    WTF?

It's nearly midway through 2013...

...and "The Company Formerly Know as RIM" are releasing a new phone WITHOUT 4g LTE?

Way to go kids. Another shrewd marketing ploy!

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: It's nearly midway through 2013...

No 4g = no big deal. 80% of the UK population live in an area with no 4g service.

5. Tsunamijuan

Still waiting for a torch replacement

I am still waiting for something that matches the torch for features. I rather like the full touch w/sliding keyboard.

I have to admit though 4g LTE will be something that I want in my next blackberry. Having recently picked up a 4g tablet, the difference in connection quality is certainly night and day.

Hopefully they release something in this range soon. I am really not interested in going back to apple, or even the android market tbh.

1. wim

Re: Still waiting for a torch replacement

have an upvote for mentioning a sliding keyboard.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Happy

Re: Still waiting for a torch replacement

I had a Torch for almost 3 years and was similarly holding out to see if there was a replacement slider on BB10. Searched Crackberry and other places but could only find rumours and hopes, but certainly no hard evidence to suggest it'd be out soon. I decided to give the Z10 a go, and honestly, the keyboard's very good, and I find I don't really miss the physical one at all.

6. NogginTheNog

Pearl in a shell

I'd love a replacement for my BB Pearl 9105. Fab phone, love the form factor, hate the browser falling over on anything other than "m." sites!

1. AJ MacLeod

Re: Pearl in a shell

Agreed, it's close to being my perfect phone and if they hadn't dropped it the very month my contract was up for renewal I'd have happily taken another one. This one still works well enough, although having been dropped quite a few times over the past few years, sometimes from considerable height, the top row of buttons occasionally misbehave which can be annoying.

Still gives the best part of a week's use on a single charge, has a keypad that actually works for dialling numbers, all the features I actually need and almost all the features I want - oh, and it has a nice controllable touchpad instead of a slimy grubby smudge screen.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like