back to article Tom Cruise does splits in birthday boogie vid

Just as the world had begun to recover from January's now-infamous insight into the workings of the mind of Tom Cruise, another succulent morsel of old footage has emerged showing the Top Gun star acting mad. The latest YouTube snippet bridges the gap perfectly between the four-year-old interview and the even more …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Dirk Vandenheuvel
    Paris Hilton

Gone in 5 seconds

Late to the party.

Paris because she is never late to parties.

2. Michael Sheils
    Thumb Up

hehe

Insane people are so funny.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Cruisin' USA

I saw an interview (It might have been one of those "In the Actor's Studio" kind of things, fairly serious at any rate) with Cruise right after Last Samurai came out.

He was completely articulate, quite intelligent, had a lot of insight into acting, and was a totally reasonable, logical, thoughtful guy - he clearly put a lot of thought into his acting roles and is very serious about acting.

Then the interviewer asked him about his views on antidepressants, and he went absolutely bugshit - ranting and raving, very nearly foaming at the mouth, twitching; he turned into a total lunatic. After a while the interviewer said something like, "Err, I see you feel very strongly on this issue... uh... getting back to The Last Samurai..."

And Cruise snapped right out of it and was totally reasonable again.

Very, very bizarre.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Black Helicopters

Oooh errr...

Judging by the number of skin-tight white T-shirts, I assume the "Church" would welcome Daffyd with open arms?

Helo? Cos I've got one circling outside my window right now...

"Hey, is it me or does that pilot look like the guy from grease?"

5. Schultz
    Paris Hilton

ouch

God disapproves - it started snowing here. Maybe Paris can calm him.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

I heard that Scientologists....

.... go to the bog and some of them (Tom Cruise among them) go more than once a week!

Sheesh! What's the news here?

Paris because there's probably a video of her going to the bog somewhere on 'internet'.

7. Rick Harder

Dance moves...

Must remember your Tom Cruise portfolio. The splits move was lifted directly from "Risky Business".

8. Neil
    Alien

Satch?

Is that Joe Satriani on Guitar there? Sounds like him, but last time I saw him he was completely skin-headed..........

9. Steve

A little uncomfortable...

It was fun at first, but it's getting to the stage where I feel like I'm laughing at a kid with learning difficulties.

How long will it be before we see social services trying to take their kid away for being, as they say in the profession, "mentalists"?

10. Damian Gabriel Moran
    Coat

look at all the coke on the tables

granted it is the fizzy drink version

11. Hans
    Paris Hilton

Low flying?

Yup I blame all that low altitude flying and g-forces in the hard turns, it obviously addled his brain.

Actually, to be fair, he didn't entirely do a bad job on that old Bob Seger track, for an instant karaoke (if I'd been singing it everyone would leave the party)

Paris of course, always there for a party.

12. Andy

Conference of the vertically challenged?

Was it a pre-requisite for attendance that you had to be unfeasibly short? I mean I know the guy (allegedly) wears platforms but, even so, it's not often that the diminutive Mr Cruise looks like one of the tallest in a roomful of people.

13. Matt Thornton
    Dead Vulture

Wait! Someone enjoying their birthday party? Someone grab the strait jacket!

How is this an example of him being mad? It was a party, where he's having a good time. I'd hate to go a Reg party if you're all expected to sit quietly in the corner not causing a fuss.

@Steve: I agree. Sure he's a bit of a nutjob but is this really still funny?

There's a difference between the likes of SNL spoofing / impersonating him and just laughing at him for the sake of it. I recently saw an interview with him on the Letterman show where he came off as a genuine, normal sort of a guy (as far as that's possible.) and all this really proves is that his, erm, eccentric manner, is just him rather than an act which he puts on for the audience, which is what the e.g. Oprah episode felt like.

This was almost certainly "leaked" by the Scientology crew in a damage limitation exercise, and I think it does a pretty good job. Poor old Reg... duped and falling for it hook, line and sinker.

Can we get some new icons? Either a dead horse being repeatedly flogged or someone frantically scraping at the bottom of a barrel ought to do nicely. It worked with Paris...

14. Oisin McGuigan
    Alert

All proceeds will go to needy Scientology Offices.

I guess the evil overlord of the galaxy is a long way from Toms mind now!!!!!!

15. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

I don't see the problem...

... it's his birthday and he looked like he enjoyed himself. And heck, a pile of your mates turn out for your birthday, put on some live entertainment and sing your praises, you're gonna enjoy yourself.

And so you decide to get involved in the performance, sing, demonstrate you can still do the splits without wishing you hadn't immediately afterwards... so what? That strictly prohibited somewhere?

Ok, having seen certain other videos I definitely have to question the guys' grip on reality, but I won't be begrudging him a birthday where he can't enjoy himself for fear of people ripping the mickey out of him at a later date.

16. Anonymous Coward
    Dead Vulture

save this story for elreg-tmz.com

Couldn't make it through more than 30 seconds of such horrible @ss kissing.

17. EnigmaForce

@ Neil

Don't think so, Satch isn't with Xenu AFAIK, and I think he's an Ibanez player 'til death.

18. Frantisek Janak
    Alien

Wierd stuff

It feels soooo strange, the place looks like some sort of a playground and I'm wondering how many "real" UNPAID friends are there.

19. Anonymous Coward
    Pirate

You don't need to be mad to be in the CoS

But it does help.

20. Slaine

?satch

na - he's still a shavey heed although I suppose it could be a wig... certainly, if I was there I'd want to mask my identity.

21. TeeCee Gold badge

Re: You don't need to be mad......

Bloody hell! When did they relax the entry requirements?

22. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

He looks so happy

It almost makes me want to pay tens of thousands of pounds for several years of galvanic skin response sessions, while losing touch with my family and absolving myself of independent thought.

23. Slaine
    Alien

... but

I just remembered that Joseph of the Satriani did a wonderful rendition of "theme for Mission Impossible"... mmmm?

24. amlendu

Walking on water next !

Waiting to see Tom walking on water !

25. Lu
    Boffin

Acting mad?

Obviously the writer never gets invited to fun parties. What's your problem? This video is a peak into high society, so what, we knew that they celebrate differently. And there are no drugs in sight, better than most other celeb parties we normally hear of.

This topic is closed for new posts.