back to article Hey, Acer: Is that a rounding error, or did you actually make a profit?

Only a foreign exchange tailwind and stock disposal helped ailing Acer return to profit for calendar Q1 of 2013. The Taiwanese firm booked sales of NT$91.9bn (£2bn) during the period, down more than 18 per cent year-on-year. This was "in line with the original shipment outlook", Acer said in a statement accompanying the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Sad

I have two monitors in front of me at the moment, and both are from Acer. Neither has ever given me any trouble.

I also have an Acer Iconia tablet that works well. Why are Acer in such difficulty?

1. Danny 14
      Thumb Down

Re: Sad

because everyone else who has had a problem with an acer soon realises that their support it utter shite and buy any more.

Sounds like you are the lucky one.

2. Tom 13

Re: Sad

I always thought of Acer as the OEM to screwdriver shops. When I worked at a screwdriver shop they were our first stop for laptops. We didn't hit up their desktop stuff quite as much, mixing and matching as we saw fit with Gigbyte, Asus, and the rest of the component vendors. With the death of screwdriver shops they lost their major sales channel and I'm not sure they've adapted to the new market. Frankly I am always surprised when I find they are still around.

2. Tom 35

fragile notebooks

Their notebooks/netbooks tend to shatter if dropped. I expect a lot of people bought one because it was cheap, but will think twice about a second.

3. Allan 1

Actually Acer's customer support seems to have improved. They replaced a defective keyboard on my laptop, by replacing the entire laptop with a more up-2-date model, out of warranty, free of charge.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like