back to article BlackBerry infrastructure hit by ANOTHER outage

BlackBerry says an outage hit network customers today, but claims that services are getting back to normal. UK readers told us that BlackBerry network services died at 10am this morning. BlackBerry confirmed the problems via Twitter three hours later and provided us with this statement: We can confirm that our technical …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Electric Panda
    Joke

South Park said it best

"What garbage!"

"Well what do you expect, they're Canadian!"

2. Bill the Sys Admin
    Mushroom

its out.

It most certainly is burst!

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Our Corporate BB service has been down because of this since at least 11am - no sign of recovery yet

Blackberry - Dingleberry more like

4. b1tchell
    Trollface

The sooner they are put out of their misery

the better it will be for all of us.

1. asdf
      Trollface

Re: The sooner they are put out of their misery

But then who would compete with Microsoft for that rounding error of market share most outfits would safely classify as other?

5. 1Rafayal
    Pint

and there was me thinking it was just a quiet Friday afternoon!!!

6. Darryl
    Thumb Down

Funny - I don't recall such vitriolic comments when Apple's network service went titsup multiple times a few weeks ago

1. A Non e-mouse Silver badge

Funny - I don't recall such vitriolic comments when Apple's network service went titsup multiple times a few weeks ago

The issue with RIM/Blackberry devices, is that all messages have to go through their servers. With Apple (& Windows & Android) the phones talk direct to your mail provider/servers.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

The Apple outages were iMessage and iCloud, so users were still heavily impacted, and they kept recurring for several days. But it's Apple, so all is forgiven.

Additionally, with BB10, non-corporate email or corporate non-BES email aren't affected by Relay outages.

7. Gil Grissum
    Pint

iMessage went down too

The iMessage outage wasn't the same as Blackberry Services going down and affecting your ability to communicate with your e-mail, BBM, and other Blackberry users. With the iMessage outage, you could chat via other services and it didn't affect e-mail. E-mail goes down and you're REALLY screwed. So, between this and the clueless CEO being asleep at the wheel regarding tablets, I'm no longer interested in BB10 anything and will wait for the Note 3.

8. Jerry G.
    Happy

I am a heavy Blackberry user. I did not notice any outage. I use my phone for email, web based applications, scheduling, and etc throughout the day. I use my phone for both personal and work.

Maybe this outage was not global???

9. Confuciousmobil
    Pint

Eleven

Eleven comments?

I guess that's 90% of Blackberry users that still care....

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like