back to article HP mashes up ProLiant, Integrity, BladeSystem, and Moonshot server businesses

It's a time of transition in the systems business. And HP, the world's largest server maker in terms of volumes and possibly soon (again) in terms of sales if IBM doesn't stop the decline in mainframe and Power system sales or sells off its x86 server biz to Lenovo, is tweaking its server units and the executives who run them …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Nate Amsden

easy to show growth

when your starting at near zero (relatively speaking to non appliance stuff)

2. ecofeco Silver badge
    Alert

I used to work at the server factory in the US

I'll bet the poor bastards on the factory lines still haven't gotten a raise in the 6 years I've been gone.

Adding the raises they didn't get when Carly took over, I'd say they are well and truly fooked.

3. Mr Nobody 1

HP re-org ? It must be spring

keep re-arranging those chairs boys........

1. Matt Bryant Silver badge
      Happy

Re: HP re-org ? It must be spring

"keep re-arranging those chairs boys........" Yeah, you'll want a good view of the SS IBM as she sinks into the Lenovo Trench.....

4. Mixedbag

somebody was thinking about oracle

"since it rolled out its BladeSystem c6000 chassis back in June 2006"

Last I checked HP had a c3000 and a c7000 chassis

And their made from super dense steel, must be they weigh a ton even when empty.

A 6000 would be a Sun Blade 6000 Chassis.

1. Matt Bryant Silver badge
      WTF?

Re: somebody was thinking about oracle

Might be an internal codenumber for the old hp BL p-class Bladesystem chassis?

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

A challenge...

Ask any HP drone which organisational group they are in and who is the boss of that group. I'll bet that at least 90% will not know the answer to both questions- and they probably have not known for the past 10 years!

AC - you know why.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: A challenge...

You're the boss?

6. Matt Bryant Silver badge
    Facepalm

Oh dear.

".....Joyce was previously vice president of marketing, strategy, and operations for HP Storage...." If he was the marketing twinkle responsible for rebranding the hp storage lines "Store<whatever>" then expect an equally vacuous naming regime for the new appliances - ApplyOnce, ApplyEverything, ApplyLogic, etc., etc.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like