back to article Samsung to launch Galaxy S 4 without Knox security layer

After hyping it for months, Samsung has delayed the release of Knox, its new enterprise security framework for its Galaxy line of Android phones, sources claim. The South Korean mobile maker first touted the new security features at February's Mobile World Conference in Barcelona, claiming they would ship with its forthcoming …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"The tech is widely seen as a shot across the bow of BlackBerry, which has long been a favorite platform for security-conscious mobile applications. BlackBerry is developing its own security sandboxing software for Android and iOS, called Secure Work Spaces, but when it plans to ship it is unknown."

BB X doesn't have it either; a real step backwards for them.

How will the BB sandbox software be supported on iOS. I'm sure that won't be in the "App store" ever. How many companies are going to require the iOS device to be rooted? Not many as that alone brings security issues up.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Hmm.

The BlackBerry Balance sandbox on my Z10 must be a figment of my imagination then...

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Like wireless charging?

I wonder if this will be the same sort of feature as their wireless charging on the S3? Promise something "soon" to make people buy, then never deliver it... not an ideal way of building confidence in your company!

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Like wireless charging?

Surely a company with such high moral standards as Samsung would never lie to their rabid customer base?

2. MrXavia
      Mushroom

Re: Like wireless charging?

What? a big corporation lying? no....

It MUST have been a misunderstanding... you know they said it was wireless charging compatible with a replacement back cover.. which it was... they just never said when they'd release the back cover, just soon.....

Anyway I NEVER expect samsung to be on-time with their accessories, it is their biggest failing I think...

Lets see if they can do better this year...

Like I want a wireless charging flip replacement back on my S4, will it appear? no, because they will sell a wireless charging back AND a flip back, but not one in both....

They make the only viable contender for my pocket space, yet fail to support it!

HTC, no SD-Card,

Experia Z, poor screen (imho that is)

Nexus No SD

Really pissed at HTC, they release a great phone, and miss the ONE feature you need if your using a phone for media, expanded storage!!!!

3. Mick Sheppard
    Thumb Down

How much....

... do Samsung pay El Reg for the slant on these articles.

If Apple had done the same they would so much scorn poured them for the delays it wouldn't be funny. Samsung seem to have a free pass.

There is then the comment about the S3 outselling the iPhone and a link to an article from the middle of last year with the S3 outselling the iPhone 4S. That fact that this changed once the iPhone 5 came out doesn't figure even though it was mentioned in the article that it would probably change.

Same old, same old from El Reg. Very shoddy.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: How much....

Funny, when you ask how much Apple stuff El Reg for stories people shout you down.

It's not like every pathetic rumour is reported upon before the next iThing release or anything.........

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like