back to article CISPA row: Slurped citizen data is ENORMO HACK TARGET - infosec boss

The ability to identify common patterns in real-world attacks makes crowd-sourcing threat intelligence extremely useful, according to a study from security tools firm Imperva. The report arrives just as a privacy row rages over the new Cyber Intelligence Sharing and Protection Act (CISPA) law in the US. But the head of the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Cipher
    Big Brother

Might I suggest...

... the Tails Live CD for "sensitive" needs on the Internet?

2. FartingHippo
    Black Helicopters

So, in summary...

...what could possibly go wrong?

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

No real issues with CISPA

The whining is a lot of B.S. over nothing.

1. randomaccess
      FAIL

Re: No real issues with CISPA

Then why do you post anon?

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

NO CISPA

If you are in the US, get busy!

https://www.popvox.com/bills/us/113/hr624

5. Robert Helpmann??
    Childcatcher

Sounds Familiar

"Our report shows that businesses can greatly reduce the number of successful attacks against their organisations by identifying and blocking attack sources that are known to target multiple sites or applications."

Previously stated as, "Businesses can greatly reduce the number of successful attacks against their organisations by keeping their software patched and up-to-date." The fact that this issue continues to arise is a light in the dark for the black hats. Sure, this version of the goes a little further than the last, but the underlying weakness is the same - if the systems were not patched before, their admins will not be gathering information about attacks, much less sharing it.

6. Mystic Megabyte
    FAIL

What they forget..

...is that I feel less and less inclined to have any business with USA hosted business'.

For example there is a Linux distribution that has a legal notice saying that I will be bound by the laws of a certain state. No thank you! If I rip a DVD will I be extradited?

So it looks like I will be saying goodbye to Gmail, it was nice while it lasted.

7. ecofeco Silver badge
    WTF?

Haven't we seen this movie before?

Yep. What could possibly go wrong?

Remember the recent story of the US government cyber-security database taken offline due to hacker attack?

It was even posted here.

This topic is closed for new posts.