back to article Blackstone gives up on $25bn bid to snatch Dell from Mr Dell

Private-equity fund Blackstone has reportedly given up its efforts to splurge $25bn on whipping Dell out from under Michael Dell's nose. Blackstone, which is a Dell shareholder, and activist investor Carl Icahn had hoped to together make a rival bid for the Texan computer giant, but are now unconvinced that it is worth more …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Hi Wreck
    Facepalm

Put a stake in it

And give the shareholders their money back.

1. Tom 13

Re: Put a stake in it

The shareholders who invested knew (or should have known) the risks inherent in investing in the stock. If they lose money, no tears here. If they make money I'll smile with them.

But if Michael Dell is trying to take it private, that means he thinks there is money to be made in it (possibly even lots of long term money), but not on the kind of quarterly (or monthly or even weekly) basis that public trading demands.

2. Chris007
    Trollface

rich guy's cat fighting

nothing to see here, move along please.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Flame

Go ahead Carl Icahn

Bid $15 dollars a share, you won't get your money back as Dell is not worth it.

The flame symbol is where your money will go.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Dell

Tech stocks are amazing. They are either unrealistically high or low.

2. FreeTard
      Thumb Down

Re: Go ahead Carl Icahn

Speaking as a (minor) Dell stockholder, I couldn't disagree more. Dell have done great strides to become a great services company, I see a great future with them. If Mickey D gets to go private, I'll get my cash back, and if not then I'm keeping them for the long term.

Anyway, you are wrong. They are no longer a "PC" company, times have changed mate, look at the acquisitions they have made and look at their service offerings.

p.s.: I'm also a HP share owner, but I'll likely ditch them soon as they have seem to have made some serious fuck-ups recently.

4. Tom 35

Don't believe it

Don't believe it for a second. They didn't want to actually buy Dell, just jack up the price for a quick buck.

1. Peter Clarke 1

Re: Don't believe it

Or convince the shareholders the the Mickey D offer is the only one going. For a 'consultancy fee' of course

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like