back to article Yahoo! thanks! Asian! equity! for! 36! PERCENT! income! boost!

Yahoo! has beaten Wall Street expectations by reporting a 36 per cent year-on-year increase in net income last quarter, but CEO Marissa Mayer has investments in Yahoo! Japan and Chinese e-commerce giant Alibaba to thank for the respite. The ailing firm has been undergoing a minor renaissance since the former Googler took over …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Stephen Blake
    FAIL

!

The Yahoo headlines with all exclamation points "joke" has run it's course.

First time was funny, after a few it was a groaner, by now you sound like the old guy who makes the same joke every time you see him.

1. brooxta
      Go

Re: !

One of the things that makes these titles even funnier is these comments afterwards :-)

2. Phil E Succour
      Thumb Up

I! love! the! house! style! myself!

3. Maharg
      Megaphone

Re: ! - Question ??

Do! Reg! Editors! Add! The! Exclamation! Points! After! Each! Word! Once! The! Title! Has! Been! Typed! Up! And! Submitted!? Or! Do! They! Require! The! Author! Of! Any! Yahoo! Article! To! Add! Them! In! As! They! Type!? Or! Are! They! Cunning! And! Have! It! Set! Up! So! When! Ever! The! Word! Yahoo! Is! Used! Exclamation! Points! Are! Automatically! Added! To! The! End! Of! Each! Word!?

Pic! In! Place! Of! Giant! Exclamation! Point!

4. Euripides Pants

"you sound like the old guy who makes the same joke every time you see him"

Hey! kid! Pull! my! finger!

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I rather agree that the Yahoo! house style is getting a little tiresome.

Its! a! joke! that! has! run! it's! course!

(On a more serious level, I was waiting to see whether you mentioned the Yahoo! revenue fall-off, but the correspondent did halfway through the article. Still looks like Marissa has a significant turn-around on her hands.)

1. A. Coatsworth Silver badge
      Alert

Re: I rather agree that the Yahoo! house style is getting a little tiresome.

I don't think it's a joke anymore.

It's more like a part of El Reg's style guide: Yahoo! stories must have exclamation marks in the title, Google is to be referred to as the Chocolate Factory, and every Apple story must include the text "The register tried to contact Apple representatives but they have not answered at the time of publication"

And I don't have problems with any of them... I think they are part of the site's charm.

YMMV

3. asdf

wow

>Jerry Yang's far-sighted deal

Wow not a phrase that will show up in the history books. More likely they will be teaching the dangers of being offered $33 a share and walking away in business school for decades to come.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like