back to article Aruba battles BlackBerry to protect biz from staffers' nasty iPhone apps

Aruba Networks has joined the mobile container fray with WorkSpace, providing enterprises with a secure BYOD platform which can be distributed to untrusted devices - and taking on BlackBerry and Samsung in the process. Aruba's container integrates with its existing authentication system, ClearPass, and can make use of the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Dead..

US company. Thus never able to really offer something secure..

1. This post has been deleted by its author

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Dead..

These "environments" are only ever as secure as the underlying OS anyway.

Best to cut out the extra layer of crap and only support secure handsets like Windows Phone and Blackberry in the first place....

2. pikey
    Thumb Down

BOYD more like MDM

Trouble with all these comapanies jumping on the BOYD band wagon is that there not, there really only the Mobile Data Managment (MDM) and seem to be stuck in the view that BYOD is just a phone/mobile/tablet device. It's not it also covers laptops and own users PC/MAC. Non company owned equipment really..

not the same thing at all.

1. Tokoloshe
      Meh

Re: BYOD more like MDM

It's a fair point that MDM suppliers' focus on mobile operating systems (rather than all mobile devices including laptops) means that they don't yet cover the plethora of devices that could fall into the BYOD category.

From my contact with the main MDM vendors for a recent project, some support OS X (e.g. Mobile Iron and Airwatch), but in reality all of them are waiting for PC/Mobile OS 'convergence'. This has started wth Windows 8 ( I have to say 'started' due to the fundamental differences that remain among Win 8 Pro, RT and Phone variants) though presumably MS will get there in the end, with Win 9 probably. Re Apple, one vendor said that they expect iOS and OS X to fully merge in 18 months. I reckon they might run an iOS VM on OS X, though that would really require a touch screen on Macs and Tim Cook to remove and eat humble pie from his fridge-toaster.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like