back to article PayPal enters 21st Century with developer tools refresh

Online payments giant PayPal has spruced up its developer tools with new APIs, a new mobile SDK, and a new, one-stop developer website – all changes that company execs admit are long overdue. "Back in 2009, PayPal was the first financial company to open up its payments APIs for developers around the world," PayPal CTO James …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. pompurin

It's a shame

they don't update their website. Whatever I look for seems to be nested about 3 levels down under an ambiguous sounding title. Is it just me or is their entire website painfully non-intuitive?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: It's a shame

I agree with you there. If you're a business account and have a subscription to another service, it's nearly impossible to find the place to manage that subscription. All the likely candidates land you on the page to manage OTHERS' subscriptions with YOU, rather than your existing subscriptions with other merchants. Typically takes me 5 minutes each time I need to locate it.

1. Tomas K.

Re: It's a shame

PayPal does tend to update their website in the U.S. fairly frequently which takes time to adjust to unless you're on it frequently. I do like some of the changes but not all. It's a process and different people think and work differently. There is no application that I know of that everyone 100% likes or is intuitive, because we don't all think the same.

2. Bobthe2nd

Sandbox

Fixing the sandbox site IPN tool so you can actually test your site properly would be a good start.

If only there was a well known comparable UK based offering that didnt insist on merchant accounts.....I'd dump Paypal so fast!

3. joejack
    Meh

Did PayPal Just Clone Stripe’s API Documentation?

http://techcrunch.com/2013/03/08/did-paypal-just-clone-stripes-api-documentation/

Well, no, but the layout. And some of the workflow, esp w OAuth and credcard storage.

Imitation, flattery, etc. At least Paypal won't be as painfully hard to work with going forward.

4. Julian C
    Black Helicopters

Watch out for deluge of 3rd party spam/calls courtesy of Paypal's new agreement

Paypal are introducing a new Privacy agreement to which they've added a significant number of third parties, some of which are valid for monel-laundering monitoring and audit, but a significant number are marketing driven.

https://cms.paypal.com/uk/cgi-bin/?&cmd=_render-content&content_ID=ua/upcoming_policies_full

My concern is that combined with an opening up of the APIs this is a privacy nightmare?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like