back to article Heavenly networker Pertino pockets $20m to take on Cisco Meraki

If you want to take on Cisco Systems in the nascent cloud networking-as-a-service market, you are going to need money. Lots of money. And so plucky upstart Pertino Networks, which just uncloaked from stealth mode last month, has gathered up some new investors and hit up its existing ones to fill up its war chest. Todd …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anomalous Cowturd
    Coat

Todd Krautkremer?

Is that some sort of executive relief for visiting Germans?

The one with baby wipes in the pocket.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

What exactly is it???

Sorry, but after reading the article and visiting the Pertino website I'm still struggling to figure out exactly what this product is/does. It looks like a VPN client you install on servers and remote devices, with some web-based access controls to define who/what can connect to what. Is that correct? I feel like I'm missing some big picture here that I just can't see.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: What exactly is it???

> missing some big picture here that I just can't see

as my (non-technical) boss says, when a cloud gets really close people call it fog.

2. jamesb2147

Re: What exactly is it???

I had the same problem; after watching the video on the Pertino site, it sounds more like a new *business model* for VPN access than a new technology. They even mention VPN in the video.

Not sure why El Reg keeps reporting on it like it's hot stuff, though. I was curious. Now I'm bored.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like