back to article iPrefs-seeking shareholder Einhorn drops Apple lawsuit

David Einhorn and his hedge fund Greenlight Capital have dropped their lawsuit against Apple. Einhorn had sued to block a vote at Apple's investor meeting, held this Wednesday, that would have forced a shareholder vote on the issuance of higher-dividend preferred shares. Einhorn is promoting the idea of that class of shares, …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. rcorrect
    Go

Might be a silly sideshow

However David Einhorn got exactly what he wanted. Not that I have any sympathy for him or Apple. It's just fun to watch the drama unfold.

1. J. R. Hartley

Re: Might be a silly sideshow

Iprefs.... wasn't that an Amiga thing?? :/

1. Shades
        Thumb Up

Re: Might be a silly sideshow

@ J. R. Hartley: That was my first thought too!

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

go to the judge

Apple should petition the court to have the injunction removed and have their lawyers bill Greenlight Capital.

1. Kevin Johnston

Re: go to the judge

I don't believe they can. The main thrust of the lawsuit was that they had bundled articles into the resolution against the SEC(?) Regulations and the Judge agreed hence the injunction. Once that was in place and the vote on that part was called off then the lawsuit served no further purpose and by calling that off he is saving Apple money.

3. Armando 123

Well good

Because Apple makes products and services that people want to buy, the poor Wall Street Wanker obviously deserves the money more.

Kissinger was right: it's only the bad lawyers who give the other 5% a bad reputation. Seriously, if we killed half the lawyers in the US, would the country be worse off or better off? To even ask that question is to answer it.

1. John Brown (no body) Silver badge
      Coat

Re: Well good

Well, I'd definitely not be buying in any USA sourced meat products. Especially the green ones.

Mines the one with bits of straw and hay in the pockets.

4. JaitcH
    Happy

Apple loses, again - American corporate law prevails

The simple fact is David Einhorn and his hedge fund Greenlight Capital won - and Apple capitulated - after the SEC gave them the boot.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like